14 Day Caribbean Cruise -- Regal Princess

iewe

Looking at a 14 day Princess Cruise that stops in Ft Lauderdale halfway through the cruise -- would we need to get off the ship and back on, or could we stay on board? I have seen back to backs, but this would actually be booked AS a 14 day...

Looking at a 14 day Princess Cruise that stops in Ft Lauderdale halfway through the cruise -- would we need to get off the ship and back on, or could we stay on board? I have seen back to backs, but this would actually be booked AS a 14 day...

You may have booked this trip as a 14 East/West Explorer but Princess also lists it as a 7 day Eastern and 7 day Western thus some passengers may only be doing a 7 day leg. With all that said you most likely will have to leave the ship in FLL until Customs zeros the count then you can reboard. Sometimes Customs may come onboard and passengers on the 14 day trip gather in one location so you can be counted out and back onboard. All depends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly as above--it depends on what CBP decides. We've had the come on board and we had to assemble in the theatre. They did NOTHING. The cruise staff looked at our documents as we entered the theatre and the CBP people stood at the bottom doors as we exited. I suppose there was a head count done.

On other cruises, we've been required to get off the ship and walk thru the Customs line. We could then re-board or go out into town for the day--our choice.

That’s exactly what was confusing me! I know for a traditional back to back, in most cases there is a short debarkation and re-embarkation... but with it being booked as a 14 day, I was not sure how (if at all) that played into things...

I’ve been on a couple on Regal that were booked as 14 days- both times we were told to meet in the theatre. They scanned our cruise cards on the way in and then we waited for the rest of the passengers to disembark before they let us out. We showed CBP our passports, cruise cards were scanned again and we were free to go! Super easy- but there can be a bit of a wait, so bring a book!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve been on a couple on Regal that were booked as 14 days- both times we were told to meet in the theatre. They scanned our cruise cards on the way in and then we waited for the rest of the passengers to disembark before they let us out. We showed CBP our passports, cruise cards were scanned again and we were free to go! Super easy- but there can be a bit of a wait, so bring a book!

I avoid the wait by leaving the ship before the meeting time and doing some sightseeing/shopping on my own.

I think at Ft Lauderdale, it is required that everyone exit the ship before it is released for boarding. We did a B2B on the Ruby about 4 years ago, and all "in transit" passengers got off and waited in an area in the terminal. As soon as clearance was granted, we were the first to board/reboard.

BTW, one doesn't have to wait in the terminal. You can depart on your own, and return on your own, just as at on any other port visit.

Paul

How booked has nothing to do with the U.S. regulations. You will receive instructions in your cabin one or two days before you arrive back in Ft. Lauderdale. There will be choices. One choice is leave the ship anytime after disembarkation has begun up until the last call, around 9:30. Carry your passport, old and new cruise cards (you may not get a new cruise card) and the intransit card with you. Re-board anytime after general boarding has begun, which is usually around 11:30. The second choice will be to report to the theater at the time indicated, with your passport and cruise card(s). If you choose this option do not be late. If even one person is missing the immigration process can not begin. Whatever you decide make sure you read the instructions fully and follow them exactly. Do not ignore them. By the way you can leave everything in your cabin just like any other day.

So far we have not been given the option to collect in one area during the cruise change in FLL. We have had to get off the ship, go through the border check routine, wait then to reboard with the new pax. The theater routine is much nicer sounding. Maybe next time we will get the theater instead of leaving the ship and reboarding.