Changing a Cruise

If only

We decided to change a cruise next fall to a different one.

I phoned Celebrity to amend the cruise gave a specific Reservation # & all was well I thought. When I received the email Celebrtiy had changed an entirely different cruise that was coming up in early winter & most of it was already closed. Must say I almost panicked but called back & they did fix everything although it took about an hour. Moral of this story is if you change a cruise check it immediately as I don’t know what would have happened if I had left it a day or two before checking.

I ask the vacation planner to hold on until I check my confirmation copy, which they can mail instantly. Avoids a second call.

I do this too. Mostly to confirm that the pricing and perks are as expected.

Mike

Sometimes it has taken an hour to get the email from a Vacation planner & I always check to make sure the amounts & perks are correct but it was the reservation # that I noticed was different that the one given. When we called back she couldn’t believe it either & blamed their computer!

We decided to change a cruise next fall to a different one.

I phoned Celebrity to amend the cruise gave a specific Reservation # & all was well I thought. When I received the email Celebrtiy had changed an entirely different cruise that was coming up in early winter & most of it was already closed. Must say I almost panicked but called back & they did fix everything although it took about an hour. Moral of this story is if you change a cruise check it immediately as I don’t know what would have happened if I had left it a day or two before checking.

Doesn’t cost a dime to use a Travel Agent and all those phone calls disappear.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not only doesn't it cost anything to use a TA, it's also possible you will get additional perks!

TA’s are paid differently in Canada & cannot give all the perks that you get in the states. I was just letting everyknow to check as soon as they receive this booking. Celebrity took full responsibilty for it so it was no problem.