Dining waitlist

We are on the wait list for 5:30 dining on our upcoming cruise. I just made another payment and the reservation still shows us on that list. Do they notify you ahead of time if you are able to get this dining time, or do you have to wait until you board? If they do not have room at that time, what dining schedule are you put on? Are you moved to the later seating, or given My Time?

I am mainly curious because I want to do the family time dining with the child pick up so we need the earlier seating. This brings up another question. If we get the 5:30 time, do we just tell the kids club the first day, when we sign them up that we want the family dining? Or, do we specifically have to be in the My Family Dining group? We were not able to sign up for the family dining since the early dining was full, so now I am not sure how it would proceed.

You are not notified, you have to check periodically.

You must be assigned to some sort of dining now, check your documents.

If you do clear the wait list, you should be able to sign up for My Family Time Dining, either via the website or by calling whoever booked your cruise.

Edited again because apparently I can't read. Short answer: Keep calling and talking with different agents and asking questions about getting the dining time you want. I've done that before and it worked. I was told there was something about only a few early dining spots opening up each month or something crazy like that, and after calling every other day for a week I got our party of 10 all on early dining. But you should not just wait and hope they add you.

Thank you both. I don't know why I didn't think of calling. I guess it is because I assumed that as I made payments the paperwork would be updated to show what was current. Paperwork from a payment last week still showed wait list. I called and was told we are on the early dining. Lesson learned- just call.

OK. More clarification needed. Apologies ahead of time. My parents are on this cruise as well, and are My Time Dining. If they would like to eat with us one of those evenings, can they just simply join us, or would we all have to make a new reservation for that night?

OK. More clarification needed. Apologies ahead of time. My parents are on this cruise as well, and are My Time Dining. If they would like to eat with us one of those evenings, can they just simply join us, or would we all have to make a new reservation for that night?

No. You either have fixed dining (which you apparently now have) OR MTD. You cannot go from one to the other. Actually, your assigned table wouldn’t have room for your parents even if they could switch for a night. You all could eat together in the WJ or one of the specialty restaurants if you want to have a dinner together.

My Time people cannot join Traditional (fixed) people at dinner in the MDR. If you want to eat together in the MDR, you must be on the same type of dining. If you cannot be on the same type of dining, then your choices to eat together are a specialty restaurant or Windjammer (buffet).

For my cruise this week, I was waitlisted for the 8:00 seating and had My Time Dining. I went in and made MTD reservations but they were all around 8:30.

Last week I received two emails, one each for me and my wife, canceling all the MTD reservations I made. When I went into the Cruise Planner, MTD reservations were no longer available to me.

I had my travel agent call and she found out that we had been switched to 8:00 seating. That is how we found out.

It was about two weeks before the cruise.

If you remain My Time Dining, you may be able to reserve 5:30 each night online. If you do this you could then also eat with your parents one night since you are both MTD.