Question on the "freebies."

DogLover45

We just booked a trip on Norwegian Sky to Bahamas and Key West for February 2019. We need to decide which two freebies we want. I have some question on the options:

• I definitely don't care about the photo package.
  • The excursion freebie sounds like a good deal - $50.00 per cabin per port. Does that include the embark/debark port? Does it include rentals (snorkel gear, etc ) at the private island - or just excursions?
  • The $50 dining option. Is that enough to cover a 3-4 course meal for two people? In other words, how much does a full dinner typically cost?
  • The 100 minute internet option. What happens if you go over the allotted minutes?

I have never been on the Sky, they do the specialty dining a little different, but I would say that the 50 would cover most if not all of dinner...you could probably google it and find a menu..

On the internet, I’m sure they would charge you..I have never logged on during a cruise..

I think the $50 is just a credit toward the cost of your NCL booked excursion...which varies..

The excursion is use it or lose it - if you don't purchase an excursion for that port you don't get any credit.

With the internet you will no longer have access once you use your minutes and would have to pay for more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Go with dining and internet. Rarely are "excursions" needed, if you do your research...and $50 won't usually cover an excursion! As far as 100 mins. goes....just use it to quickly check e-mail....sign on and off....you won't be able to stay online for more than 100 mins....if you do, you'll be charged the going rate.

Sailed the Sky with my mom and some friends a few years ago. She and I ate at Cagney's, the steakhouse, one night and IIRC our bill was around $60. We both ordered an appetizer, main (filets, I think), and dessert. So if you want one meal out vs. the excursion credit at both places, the excursion is probably a better deal.