Back to Celebrity after three years....Some questions, please

Lady Arwen

We are Elite with Celebrity but have been sailing with HAL for the last three years. We decided to try Celebrity again and booked a Med cruise for 2019 with our Celebrity cruise planner. I'm having difficulty finding a breakdown of my cruise price, deposit etc. I did get an email from them, but I wanted to see online if my perk of free gratuities was shown, as it did not on the email.

I seem to be having a problem with this site. Not the one I remember of three years ago. If someone could just point me in the right direction to find my cruise summary, I would be most appreciative.

Edited by Lady Arwen
spelling

The “perks” do not always show on the cruise planner, however, you should be able to tell if the premium package just shows as an upgrade price at about $15.00/day. That is not always coded properly in the cruise planner, however. You should be able to see a code on the invoice that was emailed to you. Something along the lines of BEVINCGRAT. If you do not see this, you may want to call Celebrity to verify.

First off are you able to reach your reservation on-line? Celebrity recently changed the site and your old user name probably won’t work. User names are now email address.

If you can call up your reservation on-line look under Manage Reservation and the gratuties should be shown.

The vacation planner should have sent you the Booking Confirmation -Guest Copy and the Gratuties should show on there. Normally they show as a charge and then an offsetting credit.

First off are you able to reach your reservation on-line? Celebrity recently changed the site and your old user name probably won’t work. User names are now email address.

If you can call up your reservation on-line look under Manage Reservation and the gratuties should be shown.

The vacation planner should have sent you the Booking Confirmation -Guest Copy and the Gratuties should show on there. Normally they show as a charge and then an offsetting credit.

Yes, I can access my reservation and I have a Booking Confirmation email, thanks for asking. Grats have been ADDED to the cost of the cruise (as per the email confirmation) and promo shown is GO BIG GRTS, but no credit for the charges is indicated. Does it take a few days for this to appear? I cannot find a cruise summary online showing cruise charges and credits (deposit) breakdown. Only "make a payment". I must not be seeing the obvious!

I tend to ignore what is on the website and focus on the PDF booking confirmation my Cruise Planner sends me. For my summer cruise I see BEVCLINGRAT (Classic Bev including Gratuities) for $758 and right above it PROMO2C for the same amount meaning the charge for the Bev Package was covered by the Promo.

The PDF gives a full breakdown of costs which the website often doesn't.

Yes, I can access my reservation and I have a Booking Confirmation email, thanks for asking. Grats have been ADDED to the cost of the cruise (as per the email confirmation) and promo shown is GO BIG GRTS, but no credit for the charges is indicated. Does it take a few days for this to appear? I cannot find a cruise summary online showing cruise charges and credits (deposit) breakdown. Only "make a payment". I must not be seeing the obvious!

It seems to be a 2 step process first the charge and then a few days later a updated Confirmation showing the offsetting credit.

We have also recently booked with Celebrity and have purchased Choice Air flights and transfers. Can't seem to locate that info on our online booking. Is that unusual since the website change?
We may also book our flights with Choice Air. We did this in the past, but since we always fly in at least 3 days prior to the cruise, I really don't see any benefit in doing so. Am I wrong? The price for our flights associated with our cruise are exactly the same as the airline.

We have also recently booked with Celebrity and have purchased Choice Air flights and transfers. Can't seem to locate that info on our online booking. Is that unusual since the website change?

When you booked Choice Air you should have received a Record Locator # so that you can access your reservation on the airline website & select seats. The cost of the airfare will show up on your booking confirmation but I have never seen flight details for our flights on the Celebrity site. We have only done ship transfers once and the voucher for that was in our e-docs which are available about 30 days before your departure.

If you did not receive a Recird Locator # you should call Choice Air and get that so you can access your reservation. It’s a good idea to periodically check if there has been a change to your flight times.

It seems to be a 2 step process first the charge and then a few days later a updated Confirmation showing the offsetting credit.

Yes, my experience also

Just booked a cruise inside final payment, and had to call back to have the gratuities credit applied, so that my final payment amount was correct. It only took a few minutes, and a new confirm was sent shortly with the correct balance.

Yes, my experience also

Just booked a cruise inside final payment, and had to call back to have the gratuities credit applied, so that my final payment amount was correct. It only took a few minutes, and a new confirm was sent shortly with the correct balance.

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you for clarifying.

Regarding Choice Air, if the flights you would be booking on your own are no higher then I'd book them myself. Choice Air has some really good prices on one way flights to Europe if one is doing a transatlantic sailing but otherwise not so much so.
Yes, thinking the same thing. I'm probably going to book directly with Air Canada and not involve Choice air at all. Really, no advantage if the price is the same.

I emailed and asked for an invoice showing OBC, beverage package, etc. since I never received one. I used this email address: celebrityrrs@celebrity.com

If you booked direct with Celebrity you should have receive a pdf of your Booking Confirmation-Guest Copy. If you didn’t I would you suggest you call w d have them send it.

If you booked with a TA then you must contact them, Celebrity will not provide you information.