Greek Isles on Azamara

BBMacLaird

Have not been to each Greek island. Yet. Ten, and counting! Journey's HD Heike Berdos said she plans to visit all of them - whew. We've booked the June 19 Pursuit voyage and will add 2 more islands to our count then, but I am not yet ready to name a favorite. I believe more research will be required

Paros, which I see is again on a couple itineraries, is wonderful. It's quieter than Mykonos, not as dramatic as Santorini, but still traditional, Greek island gorgeous. The beaches and water are lovely, shopping is great, but with far fewer tourists. I'm planning an Azamara Paros itinerary for 2019.

We’ve been to most of the Top Ten in the past with Azamara but would like to add a couple of more to the list.

We visited Hydra (Ydra) with Captain Carl on the Quests first visit there and liked it so much we returned for a lovely holiday. No cars, just walking and donkeys with excellent restaurants.

On the same holiday, we also went to Spetses, which was tecommended by Heike Berdos, again a lovely island and easy to get around.

These days we tend to avoid Santorini if we can unless it’s on an Azamara ship and there are non of the big ship visiting on the same day as queuing for the cable car is tortous on those occasions. Many a time we have walked down the donkey track to the port which is not for the faint heated.

Actually, we love Chrani in the Peloponnese, on the mainland. We went there last year, flying to Kalamata. This year we’re going back in September, flying to Athens, picking up a car, then having 3 days in Napflio before driving to Chrani for 11 days. Chrani is just like the villages used to be on Greek Islands 20 years ago - and so cheap. Evening meal, with 2 courses & half a litre of local wine - €30 in total.

Sent from my iPad using Forums