Cat Pendant bought in San Juan - Recommended Vendor by Celebrity (Millennium '03)

EssieSC

Hello everyone,

First, I apologize if you see this post more than once...I'm going to post it in two or three of the most relevant places in an effort to get as much help as I can. I'm desperately looking for the jeweler/maker of the necklace/pendant that matches the earring you see in this post. It was purchased on a shore excursion which I'm almost positive was on our stop in San Juan, PR on my first cruise ever on the Millennium in 2003, which is why I can't remember the name of the jeweler. The reason I'm needing to replace it is because my car was stolen a few days ago, and the necklace was in the car...I used it as a rear view mirror charm when I wasn't wearing it because I love it so much, so I could see it every day. clear.png?emoji-frown-1741

The earrings you see were very similar to the necklace, but the necklace was a lot cuter because the way the pendant attached to the chain was that it looked like the cat was hanging onto the necklace by his paw. His little head and tail also had these unique hinges on the necklace that allowed them to turn in a 360-degree fashion. I had gone to a shopping excursion information session on the ship and they had samples of the necklaces, which is why I knew to go to this particular jeweler on that island, and the pendant also came with the option to have the cat in white or yellow gold, green or blue eyes and shiny or brushed finishes. This particular jeweler also made a lot of other Jewish themed jewelry as well, and I'm not 100% certain it was San Juan.

I believe the other stops we went to on that cruise were the Dominican Republic, which I don't believe it to have been there, St.Thomas, it could have been there, but I know I purchased a ring there, so I don't think it was there, and St. John. I'm hoping someone else will have purchased this same necklace, or one similar, or may at least remember the name of the jeweler, if he's even still there. I've purchased so much specialty jewelry in the Caribbean since then, like Bernard K. Passman, I can't recall this particular jeweler, and I'm heartbroken to have lost this piece.

Thank you in advance to anyone who might be able to help!

Nicole

1939193946_Necklace2.thumb.jpg.5711809583e7e9a10ec9c3b7d73b6a96.jpg

Pretty sure you're looking for Joseph Machini. I have the same cat pendant (the head and tails both rotate) with yellow diamond eyes...it was bought in San Juan back in 2002 and he was in store at the time and engraved the pendant on the back for me. A quick Google search seems to indicate that he no longer has a shop (and might have been in Alaska for a while?), so I'm not sure if there's much chance you'll be able to replace your pendant. :-( It's definitely an unusual piece - maybe armed with his name you'll have some luck locating one for sale somewhere. All the best!

I also immediately thought of Joseph Machini. He closed his OSJ store probably 5 years ago and opened in a shopping center in the San Juan burbs. I don't know if he is still in business but also did do summers in Alaska. I think it was in Ketchikan near the brothel.

I hope you can find him and if you do please post a contact. His leather goods were just as lovely as his jewelry and I need to replace a wallet he made for me.

Thanks.

After thinking about this for a few hours, it may be best to have this item custom made from photos which you may have. There may not be any detail photos, but something will get the process started and you can make changes if there was anything you would change about the pendant at all.

Sorry for your loss of this, I know what feels like to loose such a sentimental item, good thing is, it can be replaced, not like the original, but possible.

bon voyage

I also immediately thought of Joseph Machini. He closed his OSJ store probably 5 years ago and opened in a shopping center in the San Juan burbs. I don't know if he is still in business but also did do summers in Alaska. I think it was in Ketchikan near the brothel.

I hope you can find him and if you do please post a contact. His leather goods were just as lovely as his jewelry and I need to replace a wallet he made for me.

Thanks.

Unrelated to the topic, but I'm going to Alaska soon and wondered where the "brothel" is :)

I just love spell check....