Drink package discrepancy. Another IT issue or Marketing?

I purchased the premium package when it went on sale before the price hike. People have asked, now that the premium package went up to $69 from $65 did the maximum drink value go up as well from $13 max per drink?

Here is the description of the premium package when you look at drink options when deciding to purchase.

Overview Premium drink package

For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Price shown is per person, per day.

When I open my actual purchase under order history:

PREMIUM ALCOHOL PACKAGE

VIEW ORDER DETAILS

Includes all Sodas (Fountain and Can), Bottled Juices such as cranberry, tomato, pineapple and apple, Fresh Squeezed Juices, all Premium Coffee and Tea, all Specialty Coffees, Smoothies, Evian, Perrier and Pellegrino, Vitamin Water, Red Bull, all Beers, Spirits, Liqueurs, Cocktails, Frozen Drinks, and Wine by the Glass up to $15.00

I wonder if that only applies to wine, not liquor or cocktails?

I purchased the premium package when it went on sale before the price hike. People have asked, now that the premium package went up to $69 from $65 did the maximum drink value go up as well from $13 max per drink?

Here is the description of the premium package when you look at drink options when deciding to purchase.

Overview Premium drink package

For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Price shown is per person, per day.

When I open my actual purchase under order history:

PREMIUM ALCOHOL PACKAGE

VIEW ORDER DETAILS

Includes all Sodas (Fountain and Can), Bottled Juices such as cranberry, tomato, pineapple and apple, Fresh Squeezed Juices, all Premium Coffee and Tea, all Specialty Coffees, Smoothies, Evian, Perrier and Pellegrino, Vitamin Water, Red Bull, all Beers, Spirits, Liqueurs, Cocktails, Frozen Drinks, and Wine by the Glass up to $15.00

I'm not sure about the interpretation of "entire selection of beers" as there are beers on some menus running at over $40 a bottle.

Was on solstice in early June. Premium package now covers drinks up to $15

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you happen to notice if the $15 drinks are just those that used to be $13 or if new things are actually included?

Thanks

PREMIUM ALCOHOL PACKAGE

VIEW ORDER DETAILS

Includes all Sodas (Fountain and Can)' date=' Bottled Juices such as cranberry, tomato, pineapple and apple, Fresh Squeezed Juices, all Premium Coffee and Tea, all Specialty Coffees, Smoothies, Evian, Perrier and Pellegrino, Vitamin Water, Red Bull, all Beers, Spirits, Liqueurs, Cocktails, Frozen Drinks, and [/color']Wine by the Glass up to $15.00

Up to $15 applies to all the drinks listed.

I would agree that there is a lot of conflicting info. The UK Website still shows the old price and limit. Also when you try to book it, limit is still $13. The price is £51.09 + 18% per day - on current exchange rate this would equate to $69!!

Did not go any further in booking process so don’t know if new limits was shown.

Actually, it has been reported by several current and past passengers that the new 'cutoff' is $15.00 per drink (wine or liquor) along with the fact no one has reported current prices going up, per the menu of beverages as far as they can remember.

It is quite possible once you board, there may be a difference in prices or how a bartender interprets the application of the increase.

Please note: This does not mean that once ANYONE boarding after today will not face increase prices on beverage menu OR a re-alignment of the beverage package as X or any other cruise line is subject to do.

If it is a major change, there will be posts here about it and you can take that to the port!

As such, most of us know about the price increase of the PBP, no shocker at this point, the website may not be universally updated, including our individual portals. No shocker there, most of us know about the changes in the package, which is the real point, for me.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

Did you happen to notice if the $15 drinks are just those that used to be $13 or if new things are actually included?

Thanks

Just off the Eclipse and the limit was $15 and as of last week there were no price increases to the drinks. Martini Bar martini’s still $12, WCB drinks $13 & $15. The wines I normally drink didn’t change prices. So yes the upping the limit expanded the drinks & wines covered by the package.

Actually, it has been reported by several current and past passengers that the new 'cutoff' is $15.00 per drink (wine or liquor) along with the fact no one has reported current prices going up, per the menu of beverages as far as they can remember.

Most unusual interpretation of the word fact i've seen in a while :D:D

Just off the Eclipse and the limit was $15 and as of last week there were no price increases to the drinks. Martini Bar martini’s still $12, WCB drinks $13 & $15. The wines I normally drink didn’t change prices. So yes the upping the limit expanded the drinks & wines covered by the package.

Thank you!

Most unusual interpretation of the word fact i've seen in a while :D:D

That is something which I find great about English language, room for interpretation and usage of words, even when they may not be common usage in some sentences.

bon voyage