Butter "rationing" on the Ruby?

anugama143

Bean counters (or butter pat counters) at work....

Roz

keeping cruise costs competitive for the marketplace...:D

either that or fattening the bottom line...:(

which is good for shareholders ! ...;p

Last year on the Star, there was no butter dish in the MDR during dinner. Instead, we had to wait to ask our waiter for each pat of butter to be given to us (and often a long wait). We will be on the Ruby this fall, and wonder if anyone who has been on that ship recently has experienced this.

I was on the Ruby in March & the issue was a lot of butter was being thrown out. We had no problem getting butter at our table. The servers just need to know that you want butter.

Tom😎

One time we had dinning companion lick his knife and then he used it in the butter dish. I actually think he thought he was cleaning off his knife! Luckily I had already taken some butter. The waiter witnessed what happen and the next night our butter was served individually ! I was thankful

Sent from my iPad using Forums

He was probably a finger licker too! I've never experienced a shortage or rationing of butter on any cruise. I get annoyed when I have to ask for peanut butter on Lido.

We were on the Ruby in April and each night they had a different type of bread and flavored spread. We just asked the staff for butter if we did not like the spread. However, I really look forward to the bread sticks and alas, they were no where to be found!:loudcry::loudcry: