Suite Guest - Disembarkation

Dwalkerdave

dear all, does anyone know if suite guests have to give a time they want to depart and meet somewhere before being taken off or can they leave at any time and just head for the gangway ?

Thanks

You will be given the earliest time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

dear all, does anyone know if suite guests have to give a time they want to depart and meet somewhere before being taken off or can they leave at any time and just head for the gangway ?

Thanks

If you don't want to be given a time just keep your luggage the night before and you can get off straight away but you have to carry your own luggage. We did this on our last cruise and found it much better than sitting waiting to disembark.

Thanks

Unlike embarkation, there is no longer any advantage to having a suite when it comes to disembarkation. Nowadays, ALL passengers are able to select a time slot of their choosing and if you are allocated a time slot that doesn’t suit you simply go to reception and ask to change.

We never wait in a lounge. We don’t leave our cabin until just before the last permitted time, we have a leisurely breakfast in the main dining room and then, having timed our disembarkation slot to suit this plan, we then walk off the ship. Simple.

As an aside, I do wonder whether anyone ever checks peoples disembarkation slot when they join the queue to leave the ship. Perhaps they rely on us Brits loving a queue and being very compliant, just as they do with embarkation time slots. All the staff want at that stage is to get passengers off the ship. I haven’t tested this theory, but wouldn’t mind betting that if you just joined the disembarkation queue whenever it suited and, if challenged, said you had mislaid your bit of paper, you wouldn’t be asked to leave the queue.

Unlike embarkation, there is no longer any advantage to having a suite when it comes to disembarkation. Nowadays, ALL passengers are able to select a time slot of their choosing and if you are allocated a time slot that doesn’t suit you simply go to reception and ask to change.

We never wait in a lounge. We don’t leave our cabin until just before the last permitted time, we have a leisurely breakfast in the main dining room and then, having timed our disembarkation slot to suit this plan, we then walk off the ship. Simple.

As an aside, I do wonder whether anyone ever checks peoples disembarkation slot when they join the queue to leave the ship. Perhaps they rely on us Brits loving a queue and being very compliant, just as they do with embarkation time slots. All the staff want at that stage is to get passengers off the ship. I haven’t tested this theory, but wouldn’t mind betting that if you just joined the disembarkation queue whenever it suited and, if challenged, said you had mislaid your bit of paper, you wouldn’t be asked to leave the queue.

I guess that would sort of work for just a few trying it..but if a lot started to try doing that..then I am sure we would start having posts about the chaos of disembarkation, when it would have been down top the people themselves. We always go on the first slot off the ship (not self disembarkation) and I am always amazed although they state go to your lounge how many people are lurking round (not at) reception area etc.

Sorry Selbourne not sure where your advice/experience is coming from. On past posts you have commented that you go to the wheel chair assisted area and see if you have to wait long before an helper is available. If it is a going to be along wait you then push your wife off the ship yourself.

Sorry Selbourne not sure where your advice/experience is coming from. On past posts you have commented that you go to the wheel chair assisted area and see if you have to wait long before an helper is available. If it is a going to be along wait you then push your wife off the ship yourself.

Correct. We have done it all ways over the past 22 years. So my comments are based upon personal experience. Not sure what value your pedantic post added!

Often pushing the chair off yourself is not an option if you have to use a lift. From the lounge you are asked to go to with a chair or scooter if you require assistance they have lifts allocated for this purpose. I use a scooter but do not need assistance but I go down and follow someone on a chair being pushed at my allocated time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We do exactly the same as you. By the time we have had our breakfast it is usually past our disembarkation time. They do no check the times so we leave when we are ready and the queue is short.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks

I'm pretty sure when we had a suite on Brittania in March we were given a letter which allowed you to go to the front of the que whenever we were ready to leave the ship.

As an aside, I do wonder whether anyone ever checks peoples disembarkation slot when they join the queue to leave the ship.

Ask yourself whether you have had any paperwork scrutinised when you get off other than simply having your cruise card scanned and you have your answer.

Perhaps they rely on us Brits loving a queue and being very compliant, just as they do with embarkation time slots. All the staff want at that stage is to get passengers off the ship. I haven’t tested this theory, but wouldn’t mind betting that if you just joined the disembarkation queue whenever it suited and, if challenged, said you had mislaid your bit of paper, you wouldn’t be asked to leave the queue.

Nobody gives a damn, or at least that is my experience on many occasions.

They just want you off the ship. You are last weeks passenger. As long as the queues and number of people on the gangway is not dangerous they would rather you get off is my feeling.

If I am doing a short cruise by myself with minimum luggage I often self disembark at my own convenience. It saves getting the luggage out in the evening.

CMV offer a public room to store hand luggage in while you have breakfast. Saves the dining room becoming a luggage room. Obviously you keep valuables.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums