Free wine First Night at the Steakhouse

I searched the forum just to make sure they still did the free bottle of wine on the first night in the Steakhouse, it appears they do. So I had an observation based on questions I saw and another question maybe someone can help with.

1. Someone had either asked why care about the free bottle when you have Cheers or that they didn't care about the wine because they had Cheers. We had cheers on the Breeze a couple of years back, but did the Steakhouse on the first night anyway. Reason being, Texas (as well as New York) won't do the Cheers on the embarkation day. So that free wine is nice.

2. People were stating that if you didn't want the free table red or white, the Steakhouse would offer you a bottle off the wine menu for 50% off. So I'm wondering is that an "either or" deal, or could you do both?

I searched the forum just to make sure they still did the free bottle of wine on the first night in the Steakhouse, it appears they do. So I had an observation based on questions I saw and another question maybe someone can help with.

1. Someone had either asked why care about the free bottle when you have Cheers or that they didn't care about the wine because they had Cheers. We had cheers on the Breeze a couple of years back, but did the Steakhouse on the first night anyway. Reason being, Texas (as well as New York) won't do the Cheers on the embarkation day. So that free wine is nice.

2. People were stating that if you didn't want the free table red or white, the Steakhouse would offer you a bottle off the wine menu for 50% off. So I'm wondering is that an "either or" deal, or could you do both?

I see no reason you couldnt do both but the free wine IMHO is just about worth what you pay for it

LOL, now that's the truth! Last year we did the 50% off because my wife wanted white and I wanted red. But we didn't think to ask if we could still get the free bottle. We had cheers and didn't really "need" 3 bottles. But I guess need and wine rarely coincide.

We are going to try the free wine as my husband is the only one with Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm pretty sure all adults in the cabin must buy Cheers if one person has it. I was under the impression that just one person couldn't have it unless they were the only adult in that cabin.

• Like 1

It is Either take the freebie OR get the 50% off. My husband asked since we could not agree on red or white!

nope, we got both, actually it was offered we did not ask. We bought a nice bottle of Cabernet for 50% off. When we got the bill, they asked if we want the free bottle for our cabin.

It's either/or

• 2 weeks later...

I searched and couldn't find an answer to this but I'm sure some of the experts here would be able to tell me.

There a 6 adults in 3 staterooms and we want to take advantage of the free wine or 50% off. We want to eat together as it's a family. What I have read is that the deal is for " table only " as per Splendor steakhouse mngr.

Is it possible to make 3 reservations and when we get to the steakhouse ( 1st elegant night ) get a table together and use the wine deal ? :rolleyes:

TIA :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure all adults in the cabin must buy Cheers if one person has it. I was under the impression that just one person couldn't have it unless they were the only adult in that cabin.

Yes that is correct my 19 yr old is in a room with my husband and I am in an adjoining room with my 22 yr old daughter!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My family and I were considering booking the Steakhouse the first night of our upcoming cruise for this reason also. We have CHEERS but are leaving out of Texas. We decided against it because it may be busier since people are going for the free wine. Remember though, each adult can bring on a bottle of wine. So we are going to do that to have some for the first day until CHEERS kicks in the next day. Then we can book the Steakhouse for whenever. Just something else to think about.

My family and I were considering booking the Steakhouse the first night of our upcoming cruise for this reason also. We have CHEERS but are leaving out of Texas. We decided against it because it may be busier since people are going for the free wine. Remember though, each adult can bring on a bottle of wine. So we are going to do that to have some for the first day until CHEERS kicks in the next day. Then we can book the Steakhouse for whenever. Just something else to think about.
We were on the Freedom in February and if you go the 2nd night to the steakhouse, 1st Elegant Night, they also offer the wine deal

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app