Internet Costs?

baggal

Can someone give me some correct information about Internet costs on Celebrity? We just booked a cruise for February 2019. We haven't sailed Celebrity in close to 5 years. Right now, the least expensive Internet plan listed on the website costs $337. Is that true?

If that's the case, I'm thinking of canceling and booking my Plan B.

Thanks

That price is likely for unlimited WiFi for your entire cruise but it seems high. Is it for two people? It is usually offered for $199 maybe more for longer cruises over 10 days. Cheaper sometimes if you book pre-cruise. How many nights? You have the option of getting daily rates too.

$337 is for two devices, I show I price of $224 for one on our 7 night Edge sailing. I’m not sure since we are diamond on RCI what elite internet perk we will have on Celebrity.

Cruise planner shows a 10% savings over onboard purchase

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That price is likely for unlimited WiFi for your entire cruise but it seems high. Is it for two people? It is usually offered for $199 maybe more for longer cruises over 10 days. Cheaper sometimes if you book pre-cruise. How many nights? You have the option of getting daily rates too.

Thanks. I couldn't find the daily rates on Celebrity website.

If you are both Elite you will each received 90 mins free or you can get a % off booking a unlimited wifi. You must call Celebrity Captains Club and give them your RCI number. They will give you a Captains Club number. Some people call the Captains Club's and buy their unlimited wifi with discount. Others wait and buy once on board. You will not get a discount if you start using your free 90 mins.

$337 is for two devices, I show I price of $224 for one on our 7 night Edge sailing. I’m not sure since we are diamond on RCI what elite internet perk we will have on Celebrity.

Cruise planner shows a 10% savings over onboard purchase

Note that two devices can share one package; you just have to be willing to do a bit of negotiating between the two of you as only one can be on at a time.

As Elites, you can get a 30% discount. Once onboard, there will be a guy selling packages, tell him you’ll pass on the free 90 minutes and go for the discount instead.

Also note that later in the cruise the price goes down. And the last day or two there are specials designed for those that want to check on airline reservations...

Stan

Note that two devices can share one package; you just have to be willing to do a bit of negotiating between the two of you as only one can be on at a time.

As Elites, you can get a 30% discount. Once onboard, there will be a guy selling packages, tell him you’ll pass on the free 90 minutes and go for the discount instead.

Stan

If you want the unlimited package, make sure you get the 30% discount on ONE internet package......as Gotta... said, you can both share one package on as many devices as you'd like...just only one can be connected at a time. There is really no reason to spend the extra $'s on a package for 2 if you can coordinate when each of you is on-line.

Alternatively, you can use the 90 minutes EACH and do your long internet stuff at port stops. If you run out of time, then just buy a day pass or whatever you need. We find that 90 minutes is enough for each of us to get our mail (and read it offline) and update Quicken (to check on any fraud) each day...with time to spare on a 14 night cruise.,,,but we use internet at each of the ports. Note: generally, there is reduced " rest of the cruise unlimited internet" offering at some point during the cruise so you might be able to use your 90 minutes and then just buy the discounted unlimited package during the cruise.

There's really no right answer. It depends on how you want to use the internet.

Edited by ghstudio

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for all your help. I should have been more specific - All I want is a 100 minute or so plan for a 7 day cruise and couldn't find it on the website.

Thanks for starting this post. Although it's getting a bit old now, I am also seeking similar information.

As far as I read, seems there is no packages based on minutes available from Celebrity? Or would that be available onboard?

(All I found was an hourly rate, a daily rate and a whole cruise rate for unlimited use WiFi.)

Appreciate if anyone can give more insights into this. Many thanks!