Chair Hogging?

maddea20

I was on Horizon june 25- july 3 cruise. I left my seat (deck 11) for 5 minutes (restrooms) and when i came back there was a sticker on my chair ! The attendant saw me and removed it. The best i have seen, same cruise, the attendant remove things from a chair, at least he is trying, the bag on the chair was lock with a chain !!!

Now that is extreme!!!

I've been on lots of cruises but I've never experienced chair hogs like I did on the Magic last month. It was beyond frustrating. I couldn't believe Carnival wasn't doing something to address it. I would say that over 50% of the chairs on the serenity deck and by the main pool were not used but had personal belongings on them. My husband, sister, and brother-in-law walked the serenity deck for 40 minutes looking for a place to sit. Most chairs were empty but had belongings on them. We ended up finding spots after a long time. The majority of the chairs and loungers never got used by anybody. And, some of them were the big clam shells and hammocks - so there's very few of them and they're highly coveted. A lot of the cruisers were mentioning this and frustrated by it. I'd really like to see them deal with this....it was a bummer.

Thanks for answering. :cool:

To answer the OP's question:

Yes, I have done it. I will move a towel out of the way, but I won't touch people's personal property. Chairs are there for people to use, and are not assigned or saved. I don't understand why people have such a hard time with this. If the person comes back while I am using the chair, I will offer to move if confronted. To date, out of 13 cruises, I have never had to move once. Typically, the person just goes and finds another chair. I am also very nice about it. I just don't see why people make such a big deal about it.

• 1 month later...

If I see a couple chairs that have been hogged by someone just putting a towel on the chair and the folks around the chairs tell me nobody has been in them for at least an Hour I always every time take the towels to the attendant and let them know I have liberated the chair.

I have done this numerous times and have never once had any kind of confrontation.

Nobody has a right to hog chairs and if we let people do this the practice will continue

I don't do this if they have left personal belongings on the chairs

If I see a couple chairs that have been hogged by someone just putting a towel on the chair and the folks around the chairs tell me nobody has been in them for at least an Hour I always every time take the towels to the attendant and let them know I have liberated the chair.

I have done this numerous times and have never once had any kind of confrontation.

Nobody has a right to hog chairs and if we let people do this the practice will continue

You could return their personal items to the ocean for safekeeping. They will remain in the same place until the owner returns for them.