Platinum Boarding - Long Beach

rhinomike

Sorry, the adult kids and the cousins will not be able to board with you.

When we sailed from Long Beach last year, port employees, who do not work for the cruise lines but for the port authority, were very strict about who waited where and when they could embark. There was a small VIP building, where we checked in. We chose to wait outside in the VIP roped area because the weather was so beautiful. There was a different roped section for FTTF and there were signs for Zone card numbers so people knew where to stand.

The Captain's Lounge (the VIP building) is now closed. Everyone checks in inside the dome.

Everyone checks in inside the dome but there are still separate designated waiting areas for priority folks.

The Captain’s Lounge is located all the way inside, right next to the boarding entrance.

If I was you... spread out the platinum people into 4 cabins. This will allow you all to board at same time VIP. When you get on the ship the doors will be closed but, just open them up and go to your cabin. Pick up your keys and drop off your stuff. We did this just a couple of months ago.

All you have to do is change the people into the right rooms at guest service. Easy way without paying for FTF or waiting for your friends.

Good Luck!

If I was you... spread out the platinum people into 4 cabins. This will allow you all to board at same time VIP. When you get on the ship the doors will be closed but, just open them up and go to your cabin. Pick up your keys and drop off your stuff. We did this just a couple of months ago.

All you have to do is change the people into the right rooms at guest service. Easy way without paying for FTF or waiting for your friends.

Good Luck!

Of course, remember there may be fees involved with the changing of names on those bookings.

Good Luck!

OP only has two Platinums to spread among four cabins.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

Of course, remember there may be fees involved with the changing of names on those bookings.

Any time you open a booking, they reprice, I believe. Taxes and fees could be different and I suppose OBC could disappear, etc.

If you change names (not ES) they don't reprice you at the new rates as long as the person qualifies such as Past Guest, etc. But yes if taxes have changed, you could be subject to the adjustment. I do this all the time. If you alter the amount of people in the cabin then you will be priced at the current rates.