cabin assignment

hop2it

Our August cruise has been sold out for a while but we still have no stateroom assignment. No special concerns about this but wonder why it wouldn't have been done by now. Any clues?

Our August cruise has been sold out for a while but we still have no stateroom assignment. No special concerns about this but wonder why it wouldn't have been done by now. Any clues?

Its most likely closed so Princess can fill slots by either upgrading or offering upsells then they will assign guaranteed cabins. You may either be upgraded or offered one of the upsells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on a guarantee, i've gotten my cabin assignment right away or not until a couple of days before sailing.

there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to when and why. sometimes i've been upgraded, sometimes not, sometimes upsold, sometimes not. it makes no sense to me but princess seems to have a plan.

I was surprised to get our cabin assignment about a week before the final payment date for our September cruise. We got a slight upgrade--still an inside cabin but in a better location than those at the very front of the ship that we could have received. The cabin we received had the upper berths jutting out from the wall for third and fourth passengers. The good thing was I was able to move it to another cabin in the same category as assigned without the berths. That was the best part about getting an early cabin assignment.

The latest we've received a cabin assignment has been after we had already started the land portion of our cruise tour in Alaska.

Princess pretty much oversells all of their cruises. They have the system down to a science and do a lot of cabin shuffling a month or 2 before sailing and will offer moveover offers to passengers in an effort to free up cabins and move to a different sailing etc. They sweeten the deal until they get enough takers. They have been doing it that way for many years. Don't worry you will have a cabin.

If it's a few days from sailing you can access bag tags and travel summary on the Princess website Personalizer until sailing day where your cabin assignment will be listed.

In rare cases, and I mean rare you may get the assignment at the pier where the porters will have a current passenger list.

People think they don't get them until the pier but they don't check the personalizer the day before or the day of sailing so when they arrive at the pier it appears that it was just assigned.

On a cruise two years ago I flew to the embarkation port the day before the cruise. When I left home, the cabin had not been assigned yet. When I reached LAX it had been assigned, 24 hours before boarding.

Yay!! Finally got my cabin assignment for my Caribbean Princess cruise sailing 2 days from now. Nice little upgrade, I think. Booked a guaranteed BE balcony, assigned a B2 Premium balcony. Sailing with my soon to be 30-year-old daughter who has only sailed inside cabin. Happy birthday to her!!