HAL Neptune loyalist comparing MSC YC

cccole

There is a FABULOUS comparison of the HAL Neptune experience and the MSC YC experience provided by kelleherdl. It was originally being posted on the HAL forum but has been moved to the MSC forum. Unfortunately wording matters when putting a title to a thread. Post #44 on this thread indicates that the thread was to be a comparison of HAL Neptune and MSC YC experiences. So if you are interested you can go to MSC forum and read a very interesting comparison. Enjoy, Cherie

Thank you for the post. It reinforces our view that HAL is reducing the value of Neptune suites and that the grass may well be greener elsewhere. We are definitely looking elsewhere for 2020 and beyond as we are disappointed in the general direction HAL is going - think Carnival.

harry

Whereas Neptune Suite passengers don’t get any kind of included beverages, Yacht Club passengers get the “All-Inc. DELUXE” in this list for free:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/...on%20Guide.pdf

Janet (5-Star Mariner very much looking forward to MSC Seaside Yacht Club later this year!)

I was trying to decipher the status match but it’s very vague. It says you can use a number of different rewards programs — and you can only choose one and then that’s it— but then there’s no way to know which program status gets you what. Very confusing.

I was trying to decipher the status match but it’s very vague. It says you can use a number of different rewards programs — and you can only choose one and then that’s it— but then there’s no way to know which program status gets you what. Very confusing.

I was wondering the same thing and decided a phone call or direct email to MSC would be the way to get the best answer. Although I'm sure there are those on the MSC forum who could also help you. Cherie

I was wondering the same thing and decided a phone call or direct email to MSC would be the way to get the best answer. Although I'm sure there are those on the MSC forum who could also help you. Cherie

Yes, if you post your highest statuses on the MSC forum I’m sure people will be able to tell you which is the highest match. I used HAL 5-Star Mariner and got Black status, the highest status MSC offers. It’s very easy to do the status match.

You can book an MSC cruise and do the status match prior to final payment and still get the perks.

We used our HAL status to get the highest level (Black on MSC). A 4 or 5 Star Mariner qualifies. When we did this (about 6 months ago) we found MSC's system a pain in the behind. There is an online form for status match and5 we filled out the form, scanned in proof of our HAL 5 Star Status and e-mailed the form. After about 3 weeks, when we heard nothing we called MSC. After more then 30 minutes on hold and being transferred we finally got to the right person who told us they were way behind in processing the applications. But she finally found my application and was nice enough to immediately process it and give us our Black Card number. But she could not find DWs application but we did not need her match since mine was enough to qualify us for the 5% cruise discount. DW did finally get her Black Card...but it took a few more weeks. I had scanned in our Mariners Club page from the HAL web site and this showed all of our cruises. The lady at MSC was really impressed and said she had not seen many folks with that many days. We told her that among HAL regulars we are simply newbies which made her giggle.

Hank

Here’s a chart of how the MSC statuses match:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=424927&d=1531409539

After hearing multiple people say they enjoyed MSC YC, I called them to ask some questions and make a booking. I waited 26 minutes on hold before hanging up. When companies have such long hold times for prospective customers, it feels like they take customers for granted.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather stick with HAL than wait half an hour or more each time I need to call MSC.

After hearing multiple people say they enjoyed MSC YC, I called them to ask some questions and make a booking. I waited 26 minutes on hold before hanging up. When companies have such long hold times for prospective customers, it feels like they take customers for granted.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather stick with HAL than wait half an hour or more each time I need to call MSC.

LOL! With your attitude we assume you had always planned to stick with HAL.

Personally I do not like to call any cruise line (including HAL) because once you do get a real person there is a fair chance that they will not have the answers or that their answers will be incorrect. That is another reason why we prefer dealing with several favored Cruise Agencies where there is no holding time and they can handle questions regarding any cruise line.

Hank

Like a lot of people, I read the thread and thought, Wow! This sounds great. I was intrigued enough to look at videos of the ship and the Yacht Club areas and decided why not give it a try. Unfortunately I research things to death. I read a lot of MSC Yacht Club reviews, some positive, some negative, about what one would expect of any cruise line. Nobody can please everybody all of the time, right? I researched some more, asking TAs about MSC's experience. After investigating I think I'll pass for now. Four TAs whose opinions I respect, all from different agencies, warned me to be wary. They have had numerous complaints about service and food, even in the Yacht Club. Three of the agencies will reluctantly book MSC cruises, while the fourth won't book them at all.

I dislike these large ships, but the "ship within a ship" concept might work for me. I'll have to read a lot of positive feedback from former HAL/Celebrity/Princess cruisers before I plunge. Does it sound like I'm still sitting on the fence? Yeah.