A hypothetical situation

Luvmesomeme

Suppose 2 people went on a cruise together. One person had a 20% discount which is not transferable or refundable. The other person paid full fare. The person with the 20% discount was a no show or missed the boat. I know that a no show loses their $ and all port fees and taxes are refunded. Now the person who paid full fare is sailing alone for less than the double occupancy rate because of the discount that the other person had. Will the cruise line go after the person sailing for the difference between double occupancy and what was actually paid?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m not sure how they would even collect it. If the person boarded the boat, and the other person doesn’t, would they bill the person after the sailing? Good luck getting that fee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

[emoji3].

I mean if a person is a no show they lose their money anyways so the cruise will have already been paid for the cruise so there is nothing to go after the second for .... Even if they use insurance to get reimbursed that still has nothing to do with the cruise line not getting there share as its already been paid

Will the cruise line go after the person sailing for the difference between double occupancy and what was actually paid?

No. The sailing is categorized as "closed."

The financials are done. The revenue for the cabin is paid for as agreed to at final payment. The ship has sailed

Carnival is not a collection agency and is not going to chase someone down for + or - a few hundred bucks of cabin revenue.

For the same reasons as above, this is why there is no real interest in selling or offering upgrades once you are on the ship.

Above poster is correct if you’re already past final payment. If you’re past final payment then It’s paid for, case closed. Your cruise will show “paid in full” on their records. I’ve never seen them go back into the system to see what fare code you got because of a friend or what discount was applied way back when you booked. Once you’re paid for that’s it. Now if your no show friend was Platinum or Diamond then you wouldn’t get their priority boarding or other benefits.

Above poster is correct if you’re already past final payment. If you’re past final payment then It’s paid for, case closed. Your cruise will show “paid in full” on their records. I’ve never seen them go back into the system to see what fare code you got because of a friend or what discount was applied way back when you booked. Once you’re paid for that’s it. Now if your no show friend was Platinum or Diamond then you wouldn’t get their priority boarding or other benefits.

agreed

Can't recall off hand, but if someone in the cabin is Plat or diamond, do all the boarding passed get 'Priority" printed on them? If so, in that case you would at least get to take advantage of the priority boarding, because you are not required to board together. If it is only printed on the one boarding pass, then of course you would not get that benefit.

Can't recall off hand, but if someone in the cabin is Plat or diamond, do all the boarding passed get 'Priority" printed on them? If so, in that case you would at least get to take advantage of the priority boarding, because you are not required to board together. If it is only printed on the one boarding pass, then of course you would not get that benefit.

Yeah I think all of the cabin members get priority printed on their luggage tags. Even though the luggage may say priority the way it used to work, they checked your cards to make sure you were Diamond or Platinum before going into the Diamond Platinum Lounge. But now that there are no cards printed up ahead of time I have no idea how they do it. Maybe there’s a list they check or something. But they may be able to sit in the FTTF area and board early with them. I hadn’t really thought of that scenario but they may be able to find a way to do the priority boarding.

. I know that a no show loses their $ and all port fees and taxes are refunded. s

as a no show the person will not get back those fees. If she cancels she will get back those

i am guess that neither has insurance? as the insurance will do the difference if the other person backs out

Suppose 2 people went on a cruise together. One person had a 20% discount which is not transferable or refundable. The other person paid full fare. The person with the 20% discount was a no show or missed the boat. I know that a no show loses their $ and all port fees and taxes are refunded. Now the person who paid full fare is sailing alone for less than the double occupancy rate because of the discount that the other person had. Will the cruise line go after the person sailing for the difference between double occupancy and what was actually paid?

I don't know of any way for 2 people sharing a cabin to pay different rates. If 1 person is entitled to the past guest or over 55 rate, both passengers in the cabin get that rate.

I don't know of any way for 2 people sharing a cabin to pay different rates. If 1 person is entitled to the past guest or over 55 rate, both passengers in the cabin get that rate.

Actually, they both do pay the same rate but one person received a 20% discount on their next cruise from a prior cruise. They booked at the same rate and then the person with the discount completes a form and the discount is subtracted.