Complaints About The Water Harvest Caye

Hello, I have noticed a few people complaining about the water not being the greatest. We have purchased the Villa on the beach but now I’m rethinking it. Can anyone shed some light on this. Has anyone been to the beach lately?

When we were there not quite a year ago the water was fine. The sand however is very coarse so some type of foot covering is needed. The villas looked like they would be very quiet and relaxing.

There is nothing wrong with the water. The beach is made from pumped in sand and has some broken shells in it. If you are worried about it take water shoes to wear from your cabana to the water.

Hello, I have noticed a few people complaining about the water not being the greatest. We have purchased the Villa on the beach but now I’m rethinking it. Can anyone shed some light on this. Has anyone been to the beach lately?
Don't know about the water, but you will love the Villa.

We were there in March. Water conditions will always be largely affected by weather, wind, sea-state, recent storms etc. so that is in the lap of the Gods. We’ve been twice and the water was fine for swimming and playing. It’s not Bora Bora, never will be and snorkeling is largely without point.

All of that said... the beach villa experience is SO GOOD, you really don’t want to miss it. Relax, enjoy what the Gods give you from your private hammock and drink a beer.

nl

I can only comment on our experience 9 months ago....and we LOVED the Villa experience AND the water was fine. It is NOT as azure blue as some Caribbean waters.....no waves.....but warm, calm....and any problems with the Villa will more than be made up for with the hammocks, loungers, personal attention, etc. We have booked it again for October!

The "sand" in the Caribbean isn't the same sand you might be used to here in the States....our sand is from rocks....very fine to coarse....in the Caribbean, it's mostly crushed shell/coral....not so much "rock" as you might be used to. The beaches are much firmer, too.