Inverness or Invergordon

I am on the Brilliance of the Seas next June on a British Isles cruise. Every place I have seen says we stop in Invernes/Loch Ness. Looking at tours and the travel agent says it is rare for a boat to dock at Inverness, that most dock in Invergordon. It looks like in 2018 it was Inverness also Does anyone know where you actually dock on the June 12, 2019 cruise: Inverness or Invergordon?

I am on the Brilliance of the Seas next June on a British Isles cruise. Every place I have seen says we stop in Invernes/Loch Ness. Looking at tours and the travel agent says it is rare for a boat to dock at Inverness, that most dock in Invergordon. It looks like in 2018 it was Inverness also Does anyone know where you actually dock on the June 12, 2019 cruise: Inverness or Invergordon?

When I did the British Isles cruise last year we docked at Invergordon. Its about 20 miles north of Inverness. I don't believe there is a cruise terminal in Inverness.

You might want to take a look at the thread on this page for Brilliance on this years British Isles Cruise, They did Edinburgh

yesterday and are due next port of call in Inverness. (Invergordon)

Every place I have seen says we stop in Invernes/Loch Ness.
You might want to take a look at the thread on this page for Brilliance on this years British Isles Cruise, They did Edinburgh yesterday and are due next port of call in Inverness. (Invergordon)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=56546827&highlight=Day+4#post56546827

• 6 months later...

Cruisequeen4ever it would take 5 to ten minutes to get to Invergordon high street from a ship by foot.  It's not a very big town with a few shops.  I think there is usually a local craft fair when ships are in.  Inverness is 30 mins away by coach.  Its a lovely small city.  Culloden battlefield would add 10 mins to the journey. It has a nice cafe with cakes provided by the amazing bad girl bakery based in Muir of Ord.  Loch Ness is about 40 mins away.  On ship days there are lots of coaches departing from Invergordon arranged by the ships.  Invergordon is a deep sea port so it's the only one up here that could take big ships.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:41 PM, millergj said:

Thanks everyone! Invergordon it is. I wish they would just list it that way.

Whenever you see two places listed it´s almost Always the case that the more attractive Location is not the place the ship is docked, as they wouldn´t list the other Location otherwise. Another hint is a look at a map. Go By the one to be Closer to sea to being the Docking place.

On 7/19/2018 at 10:59 AM, mcca2 said:

When I did the British Isles cruise last year we docked at Invergordon. Its about 20 miles north of Inverness. I don't believe there is a cruise terminal in Inverness.

Yes, but don't miss going to Loch Ness, it is amazing.

We enjoyed the small town of Invergordon last year.  We used this port as a relaxing, sleep late day with no tour scheduled.  We got off after noon and walked around the town.  They are very friendly and gave out brochures with a map of their town showing the wall murals painted on the sides of the buildings.  We walked around looking at the murals (most of them).  They had signs for a craft fair in the museum that day.  We found the museum and I purchased a few items made by local people.  We shopped for souvenirs in several shops.  All of the local were very friendly and glad to see us.  The shopping was easy and enjoyable as opposed to Edinburgh where there were so many crowds.

I did not miss Loch Ness and we had seen Loch Loman (beautiful) and I doubt Nessie made an appearance.

On 2/3/2019 at 12:33 AM, ecc1984 said:

Cruisequeen4ever it would take 5 to ten minutes to get to Invergordon high street from a ship by foot.  It's not a very big town with a few shops.  I think there is usually a local craft fair when ships are in.  Inverness is 30 mins away by coach.  Its a lovely small city.  Culloden battlefield would add 10 mins to the journey. It has a nice cafe with cakes provided by the amazing bad girl bakery based in Muir of Ord.  Loch Ness is about 40 mins away.  On ship days there are lots of coaches departing from Invergordon arranged by the ships.  Invergordon is a deep sea port so it's the only one up here that could take big ships.

I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear; I meant you can walk around the entire town of Invergordon in 30 minutes! ☺️ 

On 7/19/2018 at 1:47 PM, millergj said:

You cannot dock in Inverness. Your ship will dock in Invergordon.

invergordon is a very small but friendly town. You can visit Inverness. Loch Ness and Nessie is not to far but Loch Lomond is too far to travel too. If you can do a tour down ‘the  Great Glen’ go for it. The road is a single track road with passing places. The scenery is stunning. I just hope the weather is good. Take rain jacket........just incase as we can have the 4 seasons in one day! 🙈😂