Need help!

I book with a TA. I'm a frequent Princess cruiser and this is only my 2nd cruise on RCL. My TA defaults to Anytime dining on Princess and then I can go into the ressie and change it to the assigned dining I want. RCL has no provision for changing from My Time to assigned dining. I'm finding their web site clunky and not very user friendly. Do I have to call the TA again to change the dining time?

I book with a TA. I'm a frequent Princess cruiser and this is only my 2nd cruise on RCL. My TA defaults to Anytime dining on Princess and then I can go into the ressie and change it to the assigned dining I want. RCL has no provision for changing from My Time to assigned dining. I'm finding their web site clunky and not very user friendly. Do I have to call the TA again to change the dining time?

When you use a TA, everything has to be done through them, pretty much. But, we have had my time dining and then switched after boarding by going to the dining room.

Welcome to the horrendous RC website. It's a running joke around here that a first grader can do better than their IT department. Why does your TA automatically default to my time dining? Shouldn't they fix it? I would contact the TA and have them do it because you will probably have zero luck doing it yourself. It's always a hit or miss.

Do I have to call the TA again to change the dining time?

Not quite clear what you want to do. If you are trying to change from MTD to traditional dining, then you have to call. If you want to make reservations for a time within MTD, you can do that online via the planner, if MTD is available to book (only opens a certain time from cruise - usually 90+ days).

Why does your TA automatically default to my time dining?
Please clarify your statement? Are you asking the OP to contact their TA, ask your question and then post the answer on here for you? Or are you suggesting that the OP already knows the answer?

If you wanted traditional dining, you should have your TA book it that way to begin with, no matter what cruise line you are sailing. To get this changed, you need to contact your TA again and hope that there is still availability in either main or late seating.

Thank you for all your answers. My TA is absolutely wonderful but she always defaults to Anytime or My Time Dining. It's just the way her system is set up and most of her clients prefer it. When this happens on Princess, I can go into my booking and change the dining from Anytime to MDR. I can change the bed configuration. This RCI site is just not user friendly.