Favorite thing about Caribbean Princess

sallybrown2012

We sailed the last two weeks of March. I, too, was apprehensive since I read so many negative comments; however, I can't say enough about how great the trip was. The itinerary was great; ship is beautiful; I certainly didn't starve for all of the good food...and met some wonderful people. Don't miss the "Love Boat" deck party (if it's offered on your sailing). I suppose if I had one "gee I wish they could fix it" comment, it would be the sound on Movies Under the Stars. Lots of people started watching a movie (Judi Dench...sorry, can't remember the name of the movie), but quickly left because the quality of the sound was not good. I'm not sure why, but that was an issue when I tried to watch several different movies on subsequent nights.

Enjoy...you'll love Caribbean Princess.

Susan

Edited by lola2013

We sailed the last two weeks of March. I, too, was apprehensive since I read so many negative comments; however, I can't say enough about how great the trip was. The itinerary was great; ship is beautiful; I certainly didn't starve for all of the good food...and met some wonderful people. Don't miss the "Love Boat" deck party (if it's offered on your sailing). I suppose if I had one "gee I wish they could fix it" comment, it would be the sound on Movies Under the Stars. Lots of people started watching a movie (Judi Dench...sorry, can't remember the name of the movie), but quickly left because the quality of the sound was not good. I'm not sure why, but that was an issue when I tried to watch several different movies on subsequent nights.

Enjoy...you'll have Caribbean Princess.

Susan

It's long over due to fix the sound problems for MUTS on all the ships.

I've given up on MUTS movies a long time and & would rather watch it in the cabin so I can hear the audio.

Just disembarked her last Saturday. We were really happy to see On Demand TV in our stateroom! Sometimes there's no other activities that catch your interest and it gives you the opportunity to catch up on your movie-watching, at your convenience.

Also enjoyed the roominess of the buffet areas and the light and bright décor.

The CB is kind of a strange duck in that it is part grand class and part ruby/emerald. It had one more pax deck added but in many ways is similar to the grand class. Skywalkers is hung over the stern like the grand class ships. It was a transition ship from the grand class to the following class of ships. This makes it unique IMO and interesting. It is the same but different than the other ships. So in answer to the OP, I like the CB because of its differences with the rest of the fleet. We will be boarding the CB this fall for a 14 day cruise and are looking forward to returning to the ship.

The PES lounge is usually in Skywalkers (except the royal class which does not have skywalkers) unless a large number of PES pax are aboard when they move it to club fusion for more space.

We just got off the CB last Saturday. I really liked how you can get to the very front of the ship on deck 8 after going up the stairs on the promenade deck. We also were able to get above the bridge on the Lido deck. As long as the seas were calm the door was open.

I thought the ship was beautiful and I really don't understand all the negative comments. I know there are individual problems that happen but these are usually isolated incidents and can happen on any ship. If you have a cruise coming up on the CB go with a positive attitude and don't look for problems and you will have a great cruise.

Thanks to everyone for posting positive comments! My family will be on the August 4th sailing and I've been reading a lot of negative things about the new buffet concept.

Alicia, we have found that the new buffet arrangement has been a positive change. I believe that some of the negative comments come from those folks who have not ventured aft where breakfast and lunch are served. I would suggest that you let your folks know that the area aft of the main Horizon Court area is a place where you can get ordered to preference eggs, pancakes and waffles in the morning and some lighter fare dishes like ramen in the afternoon. In the evening, the area is set up for a modest specialty offerings of Planks and Steamers. From my viewpoint, all of the changes put in place after the last re-fit have been positive to a nice ship.

It is nice to see some positive comments here. I've been on the CB 4 times, but it's been several years. Last 2 cruises were Regal, and while it is prettier and the food options fantastic, I missed the layout of the CB, and it's much livelier atmosphere.

So just booked again this past week for a September cruise and was looking forward to seeing the new changes...then I saw all the negative reviews and have been a little disappointed but not too concerned as I've always felt that when you consider the massive amounts of food produced for thousands of people, I think they do a really good job.

Thanks to all for the positive comments and reviews!

Thanks to everyone for posting positive comments! My family will be on the August 4th sailing and I've been reading a lot of negative things about the new buffet concept.

Hi! We are also on the August 4th sailing! Can't wait. We have done 13 cruises on Princess but this is our first time on the CB!

Also have never cruised the caribbean in the summer, during hurricane season, so it is nice after so many cruises (on other lines as well), to be doing something a little different :D

See you onboard :cool:

susan

Alicia, we have found that the new buffet arrangement has been a positive change. I believe that some of the negative comments come from those folks who have not ventured aft where breakfast and lunch are served. I would suggest that you let your folks know that the area aft of the main Horizon Court area is a place where you can get ordered to preference eggs, pancakes and waffles in the morning and some lighter fare dishes like ramen in the afternoon. In the evening, the area is set up for a modest specialty offerings of Planks and Steamers. From my viewpoint, all of the changes put in place after the last re-fit have been positive to a nice ship.

That's great to hear! I'm not as picky about food and having different choices, especially when I don't have to cook and clean it up myself but DH is more of a foodie so I would like him to be happy with the options.

So glad to read these positives posts! We were thinking about canceling our October cruise, after reading so many negative reviews. Now, am looking forward to a great time on the Caribbean Princess in the fall.

So glad to read these positives posts! We were thinking about canceling our October cruise, after reading so many negative reviews. Now, am looking forward to a great time on the Caribbean Princess in the fall.

I don't think I'll cancel but all the so-so reports still have me concerned to some degree.

There has to be some truth to their postings especially since they're not first time cruisers.