Favorite thing about Caribbean Princess

sallybrown2012

Just off the CB in April. She is in good shape. Upkeep is better than we've seen on Princess for a while--lots of detail cleaning and touch up painting. Had CC dining--best meal service on a cruise ship for quite a while.

In general, I don't care for the Princess decor, but again, it was all in good shape.

We had the newer bedding, the new TV system (on demand movies free). Our cabin had a few bumps and dings in the cabinetry and such, but everything worked and nothing looked awful or anything. We did have a problem with the AC which was fixed when they finally got a person who knew what he was doing to check it out.

I'm looking for some positivity - tell me something you enjoyed about your cruise on the Caribbean Princess (or something you are looking forward to)!

We were on the CB in April 2017 and loved it! Mind you, we were in a suite. We loved the ship, the Dining room meals, lido pizza and burgers, and coffee & cones. The entertainment was excellent as well. All of the staff were wonderful! We did not care for the buffet at all. That was the only negative I can think of.

Oh! And the sky walkers lounge was a nice daytime hangout with great views, quiet, very few people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

She's my favorite ship. Been on her 7 times. The size, the pools, skywalkers, the crew. Especially Rohny in Churchills. Have her booked again in January of 2020 which will be after dry dock so it'll be interesting to see what has changed. I don't like the small size of the Food court so we only ate there a couple of time. I like the smaller ships.

I'm looking for some positivity - tell me something you enjoyed about your cruise on the Caribbean Princess (or something you are looking forward to)!

Sailed on Caribbean this past January/February, 24 days. We feel it was one of the best run Princess ships we have cruised on. Staff was great. We enjoyed the selections in the buffet. The expanded selections at the Grill and pizza were really nice. We tried Planks and enjoyed it. Great omelets at the buffet prepared at the aft area where Cafe Caribe was located. DR food was good. Condition of ship nice considering it is an older ship, 2004. Was in dry dock late 2017. Movies on demand was installed while we were on board.

Only down side was seating at the mid evening shows, 8pm. Have to arrive very early, 45 mins. Shows are simulcast in Explorer's Lounge.

Have a nice cruise.

I was on the Caribbean Princess in May a year after being on her for a 2 week British Isles cruise. She is in good shape. Vines was great. They had several musicians playing in the Atrium. Sunshine Duo, a couple of violinists, were especially entertaining.

I had Club Class dining and the service was excellent. The food was good. Enjoyed some of the special items in CC.

I would sail on her again.

We were on the Caribbean Princess towards the end of April. We had a wonderful time! Our balcony cabin was perfect and everything was in excellent condition! The food in all the locations was tasty. There were so many activities and places to be, we had to remind ourselves we were there to relax! We would choose the Caribbean Princess again in a heartbeat!

Never liked the CB much, and our cruise last month confirmed that we will not book it again. Sad because I'm off of work in the summer and like a Caribbean cruise when I'm off. The chef should be fired.

I just got off this past Saturday

The dining room food was really good. We had anytime dining.

I only ate in the buffet twice. Both lunch’ish. Food was good. I was surprised.

We had our meet and mingle and one of the officers that spoke to us said that they had made some changes in the past two weeks. The food was not bad. It was actually good. I am not a buffet person when the dining room is available

I did the Ultimate Ship Tour, which was great. Only issue is that they misspelled my name on the note pad and it never got sorted.

My balcony cabin was perfect. The temp was cold like I like. At 68 degrees. C731

The Crown Grill was super yummy and worth the extra fee

Planks was just ok for me. I love BBQ.

The international cafe was really good. Ate that several times.

We had a great time.

I hope this makes you feel better. I was really worried as well due to the negatives posts and reviews.

Enjoy!

Christie

We love CB ... have cruised on her for the past three years and will do so again this coming January.

Roundman loves meeting his pals in Churchills... relaxing seating and a real bar/bartender.

We always meet past cruise friends there and make new friends ... a very friendly place.

Both of us LOVE sitting AT the bar in Crooner's. Another fun friendly place.

In January (2018) we had CC Dining ... wonderful service. Looking forward to CC this coming January. :)

LuLu

We were on the ship in June on a B2B and thought it was great! The ship was well maintained and the staff was friendly and very helpful. I agree with other posters about the great things to do but would also like to add participating in ‘The High Seas Heist’. It was so fun! I highly recommend this!

Only down side was seating at the mid evening shows, 8pm. Have to arrive very early, 45 mins. Shows are simulcast in Explorer's Lounge.

That provides a way for Princess to avoid the expense of having different entertainment in that venue for those that do not want to see the show.

Have a nice cruise.

So are you saying that the live shows that are presented in the Princess theater are also shown on a large screen in the Explorers lounge??:confused:

If so, that's about the cheesiest cutback I've heard of in a long time. :(

Never liked the CB much, and our cruise last month confirmed that we will not book it again. Sad because I'm off of work in the summer and like a Caribbean cruise when I'm off. The chef should be fired.

Ok, I am going to be constructively critical here. Kendon, the OP asked for positive things about the Caribbean Princess as she had read enough posts like yours about the ship. Did you really have to post this?

There are many other ships, including Princess, that leave from the 4 major Florida ports that you won't have to give up your summer cruising!

I, myself, appreciate this thread, as I decided on a last minute cruise knowing the age of the Caribbean Princess and its possible AC problems, and am boarding her in three days!

Pooh

So are you saying that the live shows that are presented in the Princess theater are also shown on a large screen in the Explorers lounge??:confused:

If so, that's about the cheesiest cutback I've heard of in a long time. :(

No, I just think it is another decision a cruiser can make about a show, especially if you are a first timer and really wanted to see a show. Some people are not aware of having to get to an event so early to get a seat. Also, there are times when you can't get to a show 30-45minutes ahead of time and having this option to see the show is a nice one. I mean, no show on a cruise ship, HAS to be seen in person and seeing it in the Explorer lounge is a nice option. It is all about options, not cheesiesness. I mean, they can't make the theatre any bigger!!!

Pooh

Ok, I am going to be constructively critical here. Kendon, the OP asked for positive things about the Caribbean Princess as she had read enough posts like yours about the ship. Did you really have to post this?

There are many other ships, including Princess, that leave from the 4 major Florida ports that you won't have to give up your summer cruising!

I, myself, appreciate this thread, as I decided on a last minute cruise knowing the age of the Caribbean Princess and its possible AC problems, and am boarding her in three days!

Pooh

We will be boarding Saturday as well!

No, I just think it is another decision a cruiser can make about a show, especially if you are a first timer and really wanted to see a show. Some people are not aware of having to get to an event so early to get a seat. Also, there are times when you can't get to a show 30-45minutes ahead of time and having this option to see the show is a nice one. I mean, no show on a cruise ship, HAS to be seen in person and seeing it in the Explorer lounge is a nice option. It is all about options, not cheesiesness. I mean, they can't make the theatre any bigger!!!

Pooh

Surely you'r joking about wacthing a production show on a large screen vs. seeing it live ! LOL :D

Why not arrange to get to the show lounge at a decent time before the show? I've never had to miss a show because it's to crowded.....no even close.

Of course if you like to sit in the DR chatting away for 2 + hours you'll just have to settle for a televised show in the lounge.

You might as well watch it on you Tube at home. :D

CB has awesome beds - I love my hybrid coil/memory foam mattress and home (its fantastic) but nothing beats the new beds on Princess.

International Café was fabulous - be nice to the servers; even when it's busy, they'll help find you a seat. Lots of choices for a mid day snack or light meal.

Explorer's lounge is a great place for Trivia - more than enough space, they put the questions up on the screen and it's lovely and cool in there. Oh, and lots of seating choices.