FLIGHTS FROM SANTIAGO, CHILE to MIAMI, FLORIDA

GeorgesGal

I'm looking at O's 12-14-18 cruise from Rio de Janeiro to Santiago, Chile and checking on the return flights. They are AWFUL coming to Fla. east coast, arriving MIAMI at about 0430!

Then we have a two hour drive home, assuming I could even get my car service at that ungodly hour.

Another option would be staying in Miami and getting a few hours sleep there, then going home later in the day. :confused:

Does anyone out there have any suggestions? Thanks.

Donna

I'm looking at O's 12-14-18 cruise from Rio de Janeiro to Santiago' date=' Chile and checking on the return flights. They are AWFUL coming to Fla. east coast, arriving MIAMI at about 0430!

Then we have a two hour drive home, assuming I could even get my car service at that ungodly hour.

Another option would be staying in Miami and getting a few hours sleep there, then going home later in the day. :confused:

Donna[/quote']

Yes they are awful!! We took the flight that arrived at 5:30 a.m. We paid our car service extra to pick us up at that ungodly hour. However, there was no traffic and we got to Delray Beach in 40 minutes. Something to think about. Arlene

I'm looking at O's 12-14-18 cruise from Rio de Janeiro to Santiago' date=' Chile and checking on the return flights. They are AWFUL coming to Fla. east coast, arriving MIAMI at about 0430!

Donna[/quote']

Look for a Copa flight to Panama City and break up the trip with a night there.

Are you set on only a non-stop flight? If yes, nothing going to help.

If you don't mind making a quick connection in PTY (Panama), then COPA has a flight leaving SCL at 12:04pm and arriving MIA at 9:33pm.

I would take that flight over waiting for the non-stops to depart SCL very late at night.

Good luck,

John

Are you set on only a non-stop flight? If yes, nothing going to help.

If you don't mind making a quick connection in PTY (Panama), then COPA has a flight leaving SCL at 12:04pm and arriving MIA at 9:33pm.

I would take that flight over waiting for the non-stops to depart SCL very late at night.

Good luck,

John

The noon Copa flight sometimes connects to a later flight at PTY after a several hour layover that arrives MIA at about 11 pm.

The noon Copa flight sometimes connects to a later flight at PTY after a several hour layover that arrives MIA at about 11 pm.

Jan 3 2019:

CM118 SCL-PTY 12:04pm - 4:52pm

CM427 PTY-MIA 6:27pm - 9:33pm

As others have written, Copa Copa Copa.

The business class is very 80s (not a good thing) with simple reclining seats but the scheduling is good and the price is right.

Panama City's aeroport is not as compact as it used to be but still easily navigable.

As others have written, Copa Copa Copa.

The business class is very 80s (not a good thing) with simple reclining seats but the scheduling is good and the price is right.

Panama City's aeroport is not as compact as it used to be but still easily navigable.

Yes, we're using Copa to get from SFO to Rio then back from Lima early next year. Bizclass was $2011/person ($1k cheaper than anyone else at the time of purchase). A Star Alliance partner, Copa also nets United FF points.

Looked today and Avianca is at $2.1k, which is at least $1k cheaper than anyone else (including Copa).

BTW, isn't ITA Matrix great?

I would check out their ratings first. We were having difficulty with flights to South America but discounted Copa after reading the reviews (plus we aren't going to pay Business Class prices for an old recliner type seat).

So sorry....we arrived about 4:30 am (AA) from Lima after our round the horn and machu picchu trip.

Our Global Entry made ICE and CBP a walk thru...then we made our way (oops....need to say that we are 'carryon only' travelers) to the brand new south terminus of the tri rail. It was just ready to leave...clean and well lit.

Appprox 2 hours later we were at the north terminus in West Palm. It was about 7:30...friends were waiting for us....stopped for breakfast and were home by 10 am.

Seemed pretty easy for us...no rush, no fuss.

Edited by thinfool

thanks, all, for your suggestions. I will look into all, once we book. Waiting for friend to see if she can make this trip.

I LOVE Cruisecritic! One can always count on fellow members to come up with suggestions based on their experience!

Thinfool, we must be neighbors - I'm a Palm City resident as well.

Donna[/quote']

You could always leave your car at the Miami airport. We did the same cruise several years ago. Convenience is one factor. Cost was secondary as it was almost the same as a car service. At least the traffic at that time was low. We were home by 8am

The other issue is the late leaving flight. You cannot check in early and have to wait until the AA counter opens. There is little seating in the terminal. Transfer from Valparaiso to the airport -- suggest you do a private tour. We did an excellent winery tour on the way to Santiago. Got to the airport around 6pm and still had a wait t check-in.

Edited by PaulMCO

...BTW, isn't ITA Matrix great?

It sure is :D

Since Google purchased them, Google Flights working much better than years gone by, but still has a few limitations compared to ITA site. I'm a firm believer in taking personal responsibility when it comes to booking flights;). Got to always have plan B. C, and D when things happen on original flights.