check-in time

elbowroom

We've been given a 17.45 slot for a 20.00 departure (Hamburg, August 9). This seems a bit late, though I don't know whether being in Yacht Club this time has anything to do with it. I don't know when boarding starts for others, but obviously earlier.

Any thoughts?

We've been given a 17.45 slot for a 20.00 departure (Hamburg, August 9). This seems a bit late, though I don't know whether being in Yacht Club this time has anything to do with it. I don't know when boarding starts for others, but obviously earlier.

Any thoughts?

Thank you so much for asking this. I finally found my embarkation time on my printed documents for tomorrow and it says 3:45pm and then later says that we can board any time from then until 2 hrs before embarkation (at 6pm), so, it's a 15 min window.

We need to check out of our hotel for the night by 11am and I wasn't sure what I was going to do with my kids if we were stuck waiting around for 4+ hrs.

Plus, the list of places we are expected to go/visit on the ship before dinner seemed unlikely with such a late boarding.

I'm glad to hear that we will likely get on earlier if we arrive earlier.

With priority boarding you can probably ignore the time.

Without priority boarding MSC can say that you have to wait until your assiged time but I haven't heared that they do it.

I don't understand why MSC assign a boarding time for passengers with priority boarding. Does anyone know why they do it?

Thanks for the replies.

It's a bit odd, as usually one of the "privileges" of any more expensive tariffs is the option of boarding first, rather than last!?

I agree with you.

We were assigned a time 15.15 for 18.00 departure on Meraviglia last summer and we were in the Yacht Club. We ignored the time and boarded around 10.45.

You can call MSC and ask about it but I think that you can just ignore it and arrive when you want and I'm sure that they will let you check in.

... I think that you can just ignore it and arrive when you want and I'm sure that they will let you check in.

You're quite right, SC. They never pay any heed at the terminal to the time indicated on your tickets, regardless of whether you're entitled to priority boarding or not.

You're quite right, SC. They never pay any heed at the terminal to the time indicated on your tickets, regardless of whether you're entitled to priority boarding or not.

Do you know if that's correct in Southampton too? I have heared that they might enforce the assigned times there. (Probably not for people with priority boarding but for others.)

We've just received our tickets for our next cruise, our embarcation time shows as 15.45 for a 18.00 departure . We'll be ignoring it and arriving in the morning. After missing the first day of our last cruise I'll be maximising the first day of this one.

We've just received our tickets for our next cruise, our embarcation time shows as 15.45 for a 18.00 departure . We'll be ignoring it and arriving in the morning. After missing the first day of our last cruise I'll be maximising the first day of this one.

I hope that they will let you check in early!

Enjoy your cruise!

Absolutely, CF ... you were very unfortunate last time out. Is your next cruise an MSC one?

Absolutely, CF ... you were very unfortunate last time out. Is your next cruise an MSC one?

At least we were fortunate in being able to fly out and board the following day and didn't miss the whole cruise.

It is. We are on Orchestra for an 11 night Baltic cruise. Very much looking forward to it :cool:

We are Aurea so hopefully early boarding won't be an issue.

We always turn up early (either due to an early flight or just wanting to head to the terminal straight from hotel check-out) - never had a problem in the many terminals we've boarded from.

On the subject ... I found one particular boarding time on our tickets very funny - 14.52! I loved the preciseness of it, LOL.

Just curious which suites are yc on orchestra? As they don’t seem to have that option on my cruise on orchestra

No Yacht Club on MSC Orchestra. Suites with Aurea Experience are the highest category.

Ok just thought someone up above said they were yc on orchestra

No-one mentioned YC on Orchestra, which, as SirWolf has said, no YC area on her.

Just as an FYI ... Before the Fantasia class was built, there was a YC on (some?) Musica class ships. Skier52 has more info on that subject.