Documents requirement for Holland America Line?

cruiserbie

I think I know the answers to this but just want to be double sure as I have to fly into Seattle to leave for my repostioning cruise to Vancouver.

All I need is my U.S. passport and my driver license to check in at the counter at the Holland America Line desk correct? I understand that I have to do all the questions and check in online 72 hours prior to departure as well, but as far as documents, those are the two I need that I need to bring with me to fly to Seattle, correct?

I won't need Canadian visa because I am staying only a week in Canada.

I think I know the answers to this but just want to be double sure as I have to fly into Seattle to leave for my repostioning cruise to Vancouver.

All I need is my U.S. passport and my driver license to check in at the counter at the Holland America Line desk correct? I understand that I have to do all the questions and check in online 72 hours prior to departure as well, but as far as documents, those are the two I need that I need to bring with me to fly to Seattle, correct?

I won't need Canadian visa because I am staying only a week in Canada.

You might want to check in sooner than 72 hours. On one cruise, I was waiting to check in online---not sure why now---but I finally received several emails from TA who was in panic mode because HA had alerted her that I hadn't checked in yet. I believe we were 6 days from sailing at that point. I've never cut it that close again. Besides, when I check in be it 50 days or 20 days, the excitement builds because embarkation is close.

All you need is your passport, credit card, and boarding pass as previous poster said. Have a lovely cruise.

HA website says check in online to go through process of questions is 72 Hours before departure. You are saying I can check in from now through 72 hours before departure then? I don't like doing things last minute either.

HA website says check in online to go through process of questions is 72 Hours before departure. You are saying I can check in from now through 72 hours before departure then? I don't like doing things last minute either.

You can check in up to 50 days prior to departure. This has been my experience.

Actually, online check in is a convenience, not a requirement.

To take a cruise you need at the embarkation point...

1. Valid ID... a passport qualifies

and

2. a method to pay for your expenses during the cruise.

I believe in the online checkin but the fact is, you will be 'checked in' again when you get to the port. Your passport (or other ID if the itinerary allows it) will be checked, if you are using a credit card for expenses it will be verified. Your photo will be taken and added to your onboard ID (ships system).

You can actually check in anytime. :). I've done it months in advance. You will get an email notifying you your express docs are ready - normally around 50/55 days out (sorry, I forget which it is).

What are the situations where a U.S. citizen needs a visa to enter Canada?

Roz

that's a good question. If you are just vacationing, all you should need is your passport.

Visas are normally for students, work, etc. Stuff for extended periods of time but I am sure there is something I am not aware of and have forgotten ;)

What are the situations where a U.S. citizen needs a visa to enter Canada?
From Google:

For tourist visits to Canada of less than 180 days, U.S. citizens do not need visas. Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A valid U.S. passport, passport card, or NEXUS card satisfies these requirements for U.S. citizens.

From Google:

For tourist visits to Canada of less than 180 days, U.S. citizens do not need visas. Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A valid U.S. passport, passport card, or NEXUS card satisfies these requirements for U.S. citizens.

Thanks for the info, Catl. Looks like it would be a rare occasion when a US cruiser would need a Canadian visa.

Roz

Sent from my LGL58VL using Forums mobile app