Live - Pursuit, Norway 1-13 August (Maiden Voyage)

Alsun

Alsun--Thank you very much for posting this information. For us that are not on this wonderful cruise it is very entertaining to read. If you get a chance to talk to Capt. Carl ask him about "Sweet & Spicy Tabasco". It was something new in Louisiana that I brought him a couple bottles this past January. Of course politeness dictates he would say he liked it, but I wonder if he finished it. Some foreigners (People not from Louisiana) don't like our spicy stuff. This product is not as hot as regular Tabasco.

On another note, something the Azamara does really well for a desert drink is to take 1 oz of Green Crème de Menthe with 1 oz of White Crème de Cacao mixed with one or two scoops of vanilla ice cream and a few pieces of cracked ice in a blender and serve in a rocks glass with a short straw. It is in the included drinks or used to be. I carry these little sheets of paper with this typed up to hand the waiter.

BTW- don't try to order an included beverage to be delivered to the stateroom. You will be charged. (Funny story there).--Get it at the bar and bring it to the stateroom.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR POSTING THOSE BEAUTIFUL PICTURES--and letting us share some of your adventures. I have been to the Fjords of Norway twice and have had 3 Azamara Cruises-- The combination of Norway and Azamara is WIN WIN. Capt Carl is an extra bonus.

The airline lost my luggage on one trip To the Fjords, and I got it back in Bergen. It is amazing what you can live without when necessary.

We will get close to your place next month when we meet our Blackpool friends for the Ring of Kerry in Ireland.

Dr.Joe

We have noticed this with the Officers Hosted Dinner and also at Prime C and Aqualina.

But Windows works fine for us. We do actually prefer it over Discoveries as we found D. quite noisy. Also, W had the Sunset Verandah :-)

Windows- For lunch find where they are slicing meet or ham and get a few slices on a plate- Go to the sandwich place and have them make your sandwich with that meat rather than using the available meet at the sandwich station.

Azamara have really taken on board all the comments when the drinks menu changed. This is very clear that other ‘inclusive’ cocktails can be ordered so long as they can be made with the included spirits, whereas the initial version was not at all clear.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Denise,

Azamara needs to do a little something extra for Alsun for taking the time and effort in posting this active information and keeping us all interested in Azamara. Alsun is making me wish I was on Azamara right now.

This is in the bar menu, the rest of the menu has "premium" drinks. But we also have a list in our room with a sentence saying something like: cocktails that can made with these include the following... sort of implying that other cocktails can be made with the inclusions.3d7864725edd9fbe08130adf250804d2.jpg

Thanks and how do you differentiate what is “premium” and what comes under “ultimate”?

Denise,

Azamara needs to do a little something extra for Alsun for taking the time and effort in posting this active information and keeping us all interested in Azamara. Alsun is making me wish I was on Azamara right now.

They already have, she is quoted in the promotional material sent in an email yesterday:

Azamara Pursuit Sets Sail

“Today is the day! Woke up at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep, probably the excitement" later that day... "Just boarded! Embarkation is a breeze, less than 10 minutes. Cabin is ready so we first dropped off our hand luggage before we go exploring!"- Alsun, Cruise Critic

Thanks and how do you differentiate what is “premium” and what comes under “ultimate”?

Sorry, am unable to answer that question as we don't have any of the packages.

We are happy enough with the included drinks. But if I want something that is not on the list I just ask for it and I don't mind paying the odd extra charge.

They already have, she is quoted in the promotional material sent in an email yesterday:

Azamara Pursuit Sets Sail

“Today is the day! Woke up at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep, probably the excitement" later that day... "Just boarded! Embarkation is a breeze, less than 10 minutes. Cabin is ready so we first dropped off our hand luggage before we go exploring!"- Alsun, Cruise Critic

????

Wonder what email this is, haven't seen anything myself.

Is this something coming from Azamara or grom Cruise Critic?

@Scapel, will try to remember re tabasco.

Have seen Captain Carl around but didn't have an opportunity yet to talk with him.

I know (have been told) that he is very approachable but don't like to disturb him when he is for example having a meal with colleagues or his family.

????

Wonder what email this is, haven't seen anything myself.

Is this something coming from Azamara or grom Cruise Critic?

From Azamara for past guests.

I will forward it to you if you add your e mail address, but put dot.com instead of the .

Happy you had a lovely evening but I’m not sure what I would think if I was invited to an Officer’s Table and it turned out to be the art sales person hosting...

We once attended a Chef's Table which was hosted by the on-board jeweller and someone from the on-board shops.

The gentleman from the on-board shops was lovely, interesting and engaging. The on-board jeweller promoted his products (though , admittedly, the guest sitting next to him was interested and arranged to meet him again to view the jewellery).

However, when the jeweller was asked about his favourite cruise line he said that it was Regent and continued to emphasise during the evening how wonderful the Regent experience was (with no mention of Azamara).

Considering that he was hosting the table and (presumably?) not paying for his meal (whereas we were) we were more than a little annoyed.

I should add that this was our one and only negative experience on a Chef's Table and that on other occasions the hosts have always been Officers (eg Guest Relations Manager/ F & B Manager) and the evenings have been wonderful.

Edited by workingtocruise-59

Hi Alsun,

Totally enjoying your live report. We are scheduled for the Spain Intensive in April. If you have a moment can you take a picture or tell us what wines are available with the included package. I know they change every day but just a sampling please. Trying to decide if we should upgrade.

Thank You.

Hi Alsun,

Totally enjoying your live report. We are scheduled for the Spain Intensive in April. If you have a moment can you take a picture or tell us what wines are available with the included package. I know they change every day but just a sampling please. Trying to decide if we should upgrade.

Thank You.

Sorry, we didn't take any photos of the included wines.

We can just say there are 2 reds, 2 whites, a rose and a sparkling white each day. If you don't like any of the daily ones but liked the one from the day before, they are usually able to serve you that one instead.

We found the wines perfectly quaffable but equally forgettable.

Alsun--Thank you very much for posting this information. For us that are not on this wonderful cruise it is very entertaining to read. If you get a chance to talk to Capt. Carl ask him about "Sweet & Spicy Tabasco". It was something new in Louisiana that I brought him a couple bottles this past January. Of course politeness dictates he would say he liked it, but I wonder if he finished it. Some foreigners (People not from Louisiana) don't like our spicy stuff. This product is not as hot as regular Tabasco.

Dr.Joe

I asked Capt Carl, and he said he likes it very much indeed! He is down to the last half bottle now!

AzAmazing evening - Bergen

The AzAmazing evening organised in Bergen for us was at Grieg Hall.

Practical information is given beforehand (I posted a photo of this previously) but basically, passengers are being assigned a bus/disembark by deck, and it is only a 10 minute bus journey to Grieg Hall.

Grieg Hall itself is amazing, the design is very impressive and it is famous for it's excellent acoustic. We were sitting quite far high up (this was our own choice, there were plenty of seats available at lower rows) and could hear the music easily.

We did wonder how many passengers did not join this evening, the hall was I think just about a third full?

We listened to a special recital performed by members from the Bergen Philharmonic Ochestra. This included several pieces by Grieg, but also as a nod to Pursuit's maiden voyage a number from Showboat (I can't help loving that man of mine).

We really enjoyed it, and also enjoyed watching Minor-I paint a triptych live on stage. It was very interesting to see different forms of art performed simultaniously.

More experienced Azamara cruises than us, said it was not the best AzAmazing evening that they have experienced with Azamara but that they thought it was still a pretty good experience.

We were welcomed back on board by the Azamara Pursuit band.20eb0293dd68e81aba36c9e39cfaf940.jpg4a6c75f306cb0766aca28036f4e68a85.jpg45626c987a475ce3e759d21baf125109.jpg91ad73aaef4ed89b2df71d672446afa3.jpge3fdc969ab1c7eb3de66d913bb8fe775.jpg

Some hiccups:

Aparently there has been some water leaking in the hallways on deck 7 as we noticed heavy duty blowers drying the carpet. We spoke with some passengers staying at deck 7 and they said they didn't hear the dryers from their cabins, it is only noticeable from the hallways.

Also, internet has been troubling again, but they have provided us with a new access code.