Live - Pursuit, Norway 1-13 August (Maiden Voyage)

Alsun

Day 5 Kristiansand

Sea became a bit choppier last night. I also noticed this morning some more noise. Initially I thought it was raining but although a bit cooler than Oslo, the sun is definitely here today.

Not sure what the noise could have been, but is is gone now and wasn't that loud anyway.

Think we also hear the wind more, probably to do with the angle how we are docked? And it is a bit more windy today as we are more exposed to the sea compared to Oslo.

Before heading to breakfast we wanted to try out the laundry room. We will also use the laundry service at some point but A had some dark washing for now. At 8 (when the room opens), there were already 2 loads washing. There are 6 machines each (washers & dryers).

We returned after breakfast and all machines (washers) were in use and someone was waiting to use two of them.

Washing pods are provided, instructions on machines are pretty straightforward. It would have been great if there was a countdown timer on it, it only has a light to indicate which part of the cycle it is at.

So for reference: we had one small/medium load - regular setting warm which took about 45 minutes in the washer.

There is also a delicate cycle, don't know how long that will take. The dryer can be set to a certain number of minutes. (Our load took 30 minutes)

We went into Kristiansand this morning but returned after about 1.5 hours. There isn't that much too see and the WWII museum which we might visit, doesn't open until 13.00 today so we will have an early small lunch (room service) to enjoy on our balcony and head out again a bit later.

Will now quickly post this whilst internet is working (Insider said today service might be intermittent due to location - and my mobile signal is struggling too)

Below some photos of Kristiansand and also as requested the Spa menu

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

And as requested the Spa price list.

Have also attached the gym activity list, this one is of course only set up fot this itinerary but I assume similar activities would be available on other cruises.ee35882f93805885031f2cfa1212abf0.jpgc643a8fa774308e96de33beb826c91d2.jpg

Thanks for the spa pricelist (and great photos)!

Can I ask how long before sailing do you have to be back on board (eg 30 mins or 1 hour)?

Do you know if the Chefs table menu is the same as the one on the website?

Have a great trip!

Gary & Mo.

After lunch we went to Kristiansand Cathedral.

They offer a free, organ concert on days a cruiseship is in port.

Duration ca 30 minutes. Times varies on the cruise schedule.

We went and they played 5 pieces including 2 by Grieg (so we got a taster ready for the Azamazing evening later this cruise) c937a99f30f872cb9255bb138f689d10.jpgc08bec7614e632dc73330d6b3fe0f5f6.jpg

Can I ask how long before sailing do you have to be back on board (eg 30 mins or 1 hour)?

Have a great trip!

Gary & Mo.

I guess it depends per port.

Yesterday is Oslo it was 30 minutes.

Today it is the same I think.

The Insider actually says today 17.45 with sailing at 18.00 but there is a screen before disembarking which gives the exact time.

Also, if you get off board later in the afternoon they will also remind you to be back on time.

Re Chef's Table, I don't know, haven't seen the menu and am not going until towards the end of this trip.

But I know that AllisonJames has posted photos of the French one on Twitter (can't recall her Twitterhandle, it's somewhere in this Thread or in the Pursuit thread)

Have a great trip!

Gary & Mo.

All guests on board 15 minutes before sailing, assuming it’s not a tender port. Otherwise the last tender time will be posted.

Phil

Also, I wonder if someone knows this:

After being on this cruise several days now (and as someone who is a keen baker) I do wonder about the available ovens on board.

We have tried the scones several times and whilst tasty, they aren't scones as how we know them in the UK. Scones should be fluffy & at least 1 inch high, and the scones served here on board are flat and quite dense.

We also noticed that for example at the breakfast buffet the muffins look quite flat as well.

Just curious if anyone knows whether there are restrictions on the type ovens that can be used on board or the way that ship kitchens work that affects the baked (cake-type) products? 1b0f1adf63b98919071c070e08389ec6.jpg

Btw not sure what plans you have in other ports but in Haugesand we took the public bus down to old Skudeneshavn which was very cute (it is almost an hour each way). Flam there is obviously loads to do and it is spectacular, after the train we hired an electric Renault car which came with inbuilt GPS that took us to the top of the fjord for spectacular views - one of the best off the cuff decisions we have ever made. Bergen - it rained so much it was amazing, super cute town with some very cute neighbourhoods on the hillsides

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After being on this cruise several days now (and as someone who is a keen baker) I do wonder about the available ovens on board.

We have tried the scones several times and whilst tasty, they aren't scones as how we know them in the UK. Scones should be fluffy & at least 1 inch high, and the scones served here on board are flat and quite dense.

We also noticed that for example at the breakfast buffet the muffins look quite flat as well.

Just curious if anyone knows whether there are restrictions on the type ovens that can be used on board or the way that ship kitchens work that affects the baked (cake-type) products? 1b0f1adf63b98919071c070e08389ec6.jpg

No what you mean! We've had the same scone problem on Celebrity! On one occasion they were served with single cream!

We were in Lavenham, Suffolk, last week and enjoyed a wonderful cream tea... mmm... my mouth is watering!

No what you mean! We've had the same scone problem on Celebrity! On one occasion they were served with single cream!

We were in Lavenham, Suffolk, last week and enjoyed a wonderful cream tea... mmm... my mouth is watering!

Azamara is wonderful in many ways but afternoon tea is a bit lacking. The scones are sometimes like bricks and as for the cream.......clotted it isn't

Hi Alsun

Have you had the mid cruise questionnaire yet, I’ve always found if you put something on it that you think can be improved, a response and action is usually quite quick, may be worth mentioning the scones.

We had a quick response when we mentioned that we were having difficulty in getting Twinings English Breakfast tea then suddenly a box arrived in our suite from the Guest Relations Manager for our personal use! Also when the fresh orange juice machine had broken down, and mentioned that the replacement was a bit watery, two glasses of freshly squeezed was delivered to our room each day. The moral of this is, if you think something needs improving, either mention it to the Hotel Director (Ryzard) or put it on the mid cruise questionnaire. We’ve always found Azamara to be most responsive to guests genuine concerns.

Oh my! I wonder if they have the same problem with non-rising baked goods on Journey or Quest? You would think they would use similar baking ovens.

Have they rectified the problem with the interactive cabin televisions or ever received the pool lounger cushions?

Thank you for taking us along with you on your vacation!