Live - Pursuit, Norway 1-13 August (Maiden Voyage)

Alsun

Sorry to go back to IT but for information there’s no interactive tv on Pursuit apparently the equipment left by P&O won’t support it so there needs to be a major upgrade that will be done at sometime, will try to get more information later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry to go back to IT but for information there’s no interactive tv on Pursuit apparently the equipment left by P&O won’t support it so there needs to be a major upgrade that will be done at sometime, will try to get more information later.

Hi Riocca, do you mean the big screen that’s usually by the Cruise Sales desk, or the TV in the room that shows your account details, dining menus etc?

Sunset Bar was heavily used for lunch and bar service wasn’t a problem even ordering non included wine, but there’s only bar service during restaurant hours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

First of all, thank you and the others posting live for all of this very exciting and useful information.

I’d like to ask for a small point of clarification, please. Do I understand that the Windows Bar is only open during restaurant hours, or is the table service on the Sunset Veranda only available during those hours?

First of all, thank you and the others posting live for all of this very exciting and useful information.

I’d like to ask for a small point of clarification, please. Do I understand that the Windows Bar is only open during restaurant hours, or is the table service on the Sunset Veranda only available during those hours?

I think that they mean that the bar service on the Sunset Veranda is only available during restaurant hours.

We were onboard in Southampton on Tuesday for the LCV event and the former "juice bar" in Windows still looked very much like a juice bar. They may serve wine from there during lunch and dinner but it really didn't look set up to serve spirits/cocktails.

Of course, this may change but they would need shutters over the spirits if they were to remain there.

Currently I am thinking that, if I would like a cocktail on the Sunset Veranda, I will need to go to the Pool Bar or the Living Room Bar outside of dining hours.

Just returned from a short - but rather exhausting walk through Oslo. With short I mean, we disembarked around 19.15 and literally returned 5 minutes ago so actually it was about 2.5 hours!

At least an hour of that was spent finding a place that sold the Oslo pass, was open and actually had them in stock. It took us 5 places before we were lucky and even there they had trouble actually selling them as it wasn't set up in the system!

Now definitely in need of a drink!

20180803_205112.thumb.jpg.fbcfc6ba5283477ab99c76771c4e2140.jpg

20180803_192923.thumb.jpg.5fada3126f3cbbbec5c102623e6d39f3.jpg

20180803_212752.thumb.jpg.05efdae05292015a1bcda42fde3df82f.jpg

In my view, well worth obtaining although, as you point out, it "focuses" (ahem) on the iPhone.

If the photography course is similar to the recent one on Celebrity Silhouette, it will only be appropriate to iPhone 6/7. Not even iPad mini.

Day 4, Oslo

Today is the start of a series of sightseeing (port) days so I will have less time to write long posts on this thread but will try to post at least something every day.

Yesterday evening we had a quick bite at Windows (Asian buffet) before heading into Oslo.

Our plan was to get an Oslo pass and then perhaps head to Vigeland Park but as it turned out, we spent a lot of time finding a place that could sell us the pass. Of course we could have waited until tomorrow morning but once you have this idea in your head it is difficult to let it go - and it did feel a bit like a victory when we finally found them!

But by that time we didn't feel like going to Vigeland anymore and instead spent some time walking around, enjoying the views and architecture. I really like the many sculptures and the city hall is beautiful. We also felt that Oslo felt very "safe" and has a "relaxing" and friendly atmosphere/vibe.

Once we returned to Pursuit we were in need of a drink and initially headed for the Living Room but suddenly realised that Amanda was performing in the cabaret lounge so went there. Her show had already started but we still heard her performing several songs. She is clearly very talented and a real professional, and I am impressed by the range of her voice. My only reserve is, and I don't mean this as a negative thing - just a personal taste thing - is that her show felt a bit too "American" in style to me. Not sure how to describe it but maybe fellow non-Americans can understand what I mean. In no way do I mean this as a criticism to herself or to her performance so I hope I didn't offend anyone by saying this.

As we had such an early dinner - and a 2.5 hour long walk through Oslo, I felt a bit peckish and ordered the Mediterranean platter as a late night snack with room service. Arrived very promptly and was exactly what was needed.[emoji4]

Today we will head out for the various museums, ie a busy day ahead.

There is also an evening show called Musically Yours which features the Azamara Pursuit Band and Signature Singers plus offers the opportunity to have one's photo taken with senior officers on the red carpet.

We are also investigating the option to visit Journey in Haugesund when we meet her on 6th August but not sure yet how that will fit in with our plans for that day.

(Oh and WIFI is still bit hit & miss but luckily now have a good mobile signal)

Just one more remark re food, so far we often choose to use Windows as although I am a foodie, we do both have some (different) food restrictions/preferences and the buffet seems to work best for us both. We will probably combine going there with an occasional dinner at one of the Speciality restaurants ( - and Chef's table for me later this cruise).

So far most of our food choices have been very successful but I was less impressed with the Asian buffet today. I do need to mention that I make a lot of Asian food myself so that was perhaps to be expected. However, it was still good (just not as wonderful as some of the other food we had so far) and convenient given we wanted to head into Oslo early.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hi Riocca, do you mean the big screen that’s usually by the Cruise Sales desk, or the TV in the room that shows your account details, dining menus etc?

The in room TV isn’t interactive but now the Cruise Sales desk is in The Den there’s no large screen there either.

Windows bar is only open restaurant hours, we didn’t check out whether there was any servers on the Sunset Veranda as we assumed not.

We’ve not been there in the evening but during lunch service there are definitely more servers than on Quest & Journey. The included wines and soft drinks are all being kept on the beverage station on port side where there’s also a juice machine and a coffee machine. So for included drinks the service is excellent, if you order a non included wine then it’s served from the Windows bar. As we’ve only been during lunch we’ve not seen as yet anyone order a spirit or cocktail.

Hi Alsun (and everyone else onboard!),

Thanks for the great photos & tips!

We're doing the Greek Islands intensive cruise on Sept 29th & can't wait.

Don't eat all the desserts......

Gary & Mo.

Perth, Australia.

The in room TV isn’t interactive but now the Cruise Sales desk is in The Den there’s no large screen there either.

I don't think that interactive screen was very successful on Journey and Quest. On Quest this past month it disabled as interactive and was switched to a slideshow of places around the world that Azamara visit including photos of the two guys in from cruise sales in various shots. It had more impact than the interactive, which from day one I thought gimmicky and a waste of space. I hardly ever used it. Good that they tried it though.

Phil

I don't think that interactive screen was very successful on Journey and Quest. On Quest this past month it disabled as interactive and was switched to a slideshow of places around the world that Azamara visit including photos of the two guys in from cruise sales in various shots. It had more impact than the interactive, which from day one I thought gimmicky and a waste of space. I hardly ever used it. Good that they tried it though.

Phil

Phil it was working fine on Journey in May.

Update on Windows bar they are carrying spirits so can supply most things to the Sunset Veranda.

Phil

I felt the same about the two interactive screen coffee tables in the living room , couldn’t get them to work half the time. Too gimmicky