Live - Pursuit, Norway 1-13 August (Maiden Voyage)

Alsun

Viking has tasty scones and clotted cream at afternoon tea, at least to my American way of thinking.

I agree Viking’s afternoon tea is very civilised and is served in very congenial surroundings.

The down side is that I was tempted to have it far too often

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Prime C review

We went to Prime C this evening for dinner, and wanted to share our thoughts.

In summary, we thought it was really good.

We both had 3 courses (they offer 4)

(Forgot to make a photo of the menu, but it is the menu as available on the website)

Starters:

I had the tuna tartare & and shrimp popcorn. Loved this! Especially the tuna, combined with the soy sauce jelly it was amazing!!!

A didn't fancy any of the starters on the menu so asked to have one of main course sides - zucchini pancakes - as a starter. Jose (our excellent waiter) recommend a double portion of this - enabling me to taste some of it too. These were very nice.

Mains:

I chose the herb coated rack of lamb and asked for this to be served medium. It came a tiny bit less pink than I expected but was still good.

(Jose immediately offered to have a new plate prepared but I did not feel this was neccessary as I still enjoyed the lamb).

The highlight though was the Filet Mignon. A has eaten steaks all over the world - including in countries that claim to have the best steak - but few have matched up with what was served tonight.

The photo absolutely does not do justice to this dish. A likes his steaks really well done, and from the outside it looked indeed really well done - maybe even to the point overdone. But one mouthfull soon dispelled that fear, it was incredible good! Melt-in-the-mouth tenderly good.

We thought the weakest dishes were dessert.

I had the lemon-pistacchio frangipangi. I felt that the pistacchio frangipangi element was too cloying and there was too much of it compared to the lemon element. The lemon element was also too solid in texture for my liking (too much gelatine?).

A had the chocolate fondant (served without the gelato upon his request). The fondant was suitable chocolately but the sponge element did not have the fluffy texture we would expect - similar to the dessert/cake/scone issues mentioned earlier. (In the photo below we had already "cut" it to expose the -melting- centre of the fondant )

Overall, we would happily eat again at Prime C.1e9cb9de2829c6bbeafd1749437ed8eb.jpgc47ac5bbf1263a116eb4d220e190d18b.jpg1dd19ef1a3790deb392d8ac304389f91.jpgccf60e7fbaeddcd82b11c062e5d9b081.jpg0fb724287d3f52665198cbfcbdcd522c.jpg699d77535cebde6b6b45a29ee923e781.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Have they rectified the problem with the interactive cabin televisions or ever received the pool lounger cushions?

Can't give any info re interactive cabin televisions as we haven't tried this out.

And as far as we know no pool lounger cushions have yet arrived.

Azamara is wonderful in many ways but afternoon tea is a bit lacking. The scones are sometimes like bricks and as for the cream.......clotted it isn't
Well... let's just say that the Afternoon Tea offered - whilst still enjoyable - is not what the British would consider an Afternoon Tea....

Btw not sure what plans you have in other ports but in Haugesand we took the public bus down to old Skudeneshavn which was very cute (it is almost an hour each way). Flam there is obviously loads to do and it is spectacular, after the train we hired an electric Renault car which came with inbuilt GPS that took us to the top of the fjord for spectacular views - one of the best off the cuff decisions we have ever made. Bergen - it rained so much it was amazing, super cute town with some very cute neighbourhoods on the hillsides

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for your tips. We were told it always rains in Bergen so if we are expecting it, our expectations can only be met or exceeded [emoji6]

More Hits: Comedian Billy Boyle was very enjoyable!

Cabin stewards leave water by our bedside every evening...very thoughtful.

Great Cappuccino at Mosaic!

Delicious banana/chocolate dessert this evening!

I continue to be OBSESSED with the soups!

There’s a special booking “Sisters Meet” bonus!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It looks like we won't be able to visit Journey tomorrow [emoji852].

Due to the high interest they have not been able to allocate us in our requested timeslot and we were given a time instead which won't work with our schedule tomorrow.

But there are some special "Sisters Meet" events tomorrow which we will join [emoji4]

Hi Alsun

Have you had the mid cruise questionnaire yet, I’ve always found if you put something on it that you think can be improved, a response and action is usually quite quick, may be worth mentioning the scones.

We had a quick response when we mentioned that we were having difficulty in getting Twinings English Breakfast tea then suddenly a box arrived in our suite from the Guest Relations Manager for our personal use! Also when the fresh orange juice machine had broken down, and mentioned that the replacement was a bit watery, two glasses of freshly squeezed was delivered to our room each day. The moral of this is, if you think something needs improving, either mention it to the Hotel Director (Ryzard) or put it on the mid cruise questionnaire. We’ve always found Azamara to be most responsive to guests genuine concerns.

Hi, yes we did already received & returned the guest questionnaire and also received a follow up call re one of the items we mentioned.

We have found the customer service level so far incredible good. All crew is polite, friendly, responsive but more importantly genuine seems to want us to have an amazing time.

We have a "similar" issue with the available Earl Grey tea and mentioned this to Thomas from F&B who immediately offered to try and source some alternative brands for us.

OK, well I have to say as far as sconegate is concerned I’ve always enjoyed them! Lol I’ve never found them to be too flat. Yes, real clotted cream would be nicer, but it’s not going to happen on Azamara. I can survive with all the other goodies on the ship.

Phil

Haha, sconegate [emoji38]

They are still enjoyabe albeit flat and not as fluffy as we are used to.

Plus yes, there are so many other goodies to enjoy as well.

As everyone keeps saying... we're on holiday - onboard calories don't really count... [emoji6]

We do take the stairs everywhere though to offset any calories accidentally picked up... [emoji4]

The sign says: Good morning little sister

Both Pursuit and Journey sounded their horns in greeting (but can't seem to upload the video of it on here)1b9494f6ebe240fb6ddcca2384b1f40b.jpgcb81a68b1a8f12e915a49fc363d13530.jpg

One more photo

Photos were taken from top forward deck but unfortunately it is a grey and wet day.

They are serving hot chocolate and pastries at several places..14292576fb8d3b86814b0277c095d386.jpg

We (I) spent a good 45 minutes outside taking photos monitoring progress. It was quite a narrow gap that Journey had to manouvre into. It was also interesting to face her turning.

Journey now has put the gangway out, so this is as close as they will get.

It is cold (and wet) outside so need to warm up a bit before heading into Haugesund.20180806_091957.thumb.jpg.e7d498e5c5e9e62f45c284000f863238.jpg

20180806_084555.thumb.jpg.ff585ca39b4039cd4443981238305158.jpg

20180806_084736.thumb.jpg.5da202ab2182bcfa5c444584faa6a8a9.jpg

20180806_084938.thumb.jpg.0d249e398659136ce2d1bb62d362ea23.jpg

20180806_090454.thumb.jpg.bf5b73457f7422da174b4d138f79ea07.jpg

20180806_091353.thumb.jpg.dc52f73fcb44d0baf330579fb4b1e067.jpg

20180806_092041.thumb.jpg.8ee886b578527f0e139806b73248b779.jpg

Great photos Alsun, shame about the weather, hope it brightens up for you, I won’t tell you how hot it is here in Kent!

Brings back memories of the sisters meet we had in Barcelona with Quest and Journey, that was special as well. So glad you are enjoying your cruise.