Hawaii 16 day cruise

ljslight

Hi, I have a group of friends going with me to Hawaii Sept 2019. What are your thoughts on Hawaii cruise??

We are leaving from VanCouver and returning to LA. My husband loves sea days! HAve you done this trip before?? If so what are your thoughts?

We booked this the day it became available. We were on the Legend in 2017, Vancouver to Hawaii, and loved it. The first couple of days at sea were a bit rocky but not horrific. I do like the fact that this starts in Vancouver and ends in Los Angeles. There was plenty to do every day while at sea; entertainment was great; learn to play the ukelele; learn to dance the Hula. And now they have the 2.0 upgrades! I just wish we could add the next journey as she goes from Los Angeles to Tampa through the Panama Canal.

We did a 15-day Hawaii cruise in 2012 on the Carnival Spirit, round trip out of San Diego. We had a very active roll call and planned a lot of activities ahead of time (Chef's Table, luau in Lahaina, etc.) We had an awesome time and met many new friends! One of the couples we cruised with a 2nd time and have a 3rd cruise scheduled with them in December on MSC out of Miami.

We love sea days and never felt bored. Hawaii was very busy... port after port after port. So it was great having those relaxing sea days coming back home.

If you are the least bit social, the key to a long cruise is an active roll call. We had one cruiser who was a total planner and she planned all sorts of things for our group (scavenger hunt, meet-n-greets, etc.) Some of it was cheesy but that honestly made it more fun. I also have to admit that the drinks were flowing lol.

If I went back, I would have planned better for our Pearl Harbor day. We took a taxi over there with 2 other couples. The line for tickets was long so we were limited in what we did there.

Growing up in California, Hawaii isn't on my bucket list so we probably wouldn't do that cruise again. But I would definitely book a 15+ day cruise. Love 'em!!

~Denise

We had a Vista Suite on the Legend Honolulu > Vancouver re-positioning cruise last year. Spent a week in Hawaii prior to the cruise and a week in Vancouver afterwards. It was OK and will probably do it again...

Edited by LostPuppy

A Hawaii cruise is a dream of mine (that will definitely happen sooner than later). If your husband likes sea days, then that will be right up his alley. It's also a very economical way to see different parts of Hawaii. I don't know if there is a cheaper way to be honest.