Balconies sold out four months out

Pipo

I'm trying to book a balcony on the Freedom of the Seas, for a sailing on December 2, but there are no fares available, looks they are sold out. I don't want a window (oceanview) but I can't afford a suite either, what options do I have? How likely I can get a balcony later?

I can't believe that ALL balconies are gone when we still have four months to go, and it is not a special cruise, it's just a regular shoulder season sailing from Puerto Rico on a big ship.

I'm kinda sad about this. :(

According to the TA website they are all sold out. There are balconies available the week before and the week after.

I would wait 4 more days and then decide. At 120 days before sailing all group space being held by travel agents gets released so there may be some balconies returned to inventory. If you want to wait even further then wait until final payment is due at 90 days as there may be some cancellations.

I'm trying to book a balcony on the Freedom of the Seas, for a sailing on December 2, but there are no fares available, looks they are sold out. :(

This seems to be a new trend. Between 3-6 months out, some sailings have their regular balconies restricted to 3 or more people. So on this sailing you can get a 1D or 5D balcony if you book for 3. As Ken mentioned, wait a bit and inventory is bound to show up. If not, you can book a 5D cabin for 3 and then cancel the third person.

We are booked on the Jewel OTS in January and all the balconies disappeared about 2 weeks ago. I have asked my TA to find out if the ship has been partially chartered. If it has, we may cancel and find another because our previous experiences have had so many closed areas because of the charter.

With only 4 months to go, it is not uncommon for balcony cabins to be sold out. I booked a cruise open for less then 3 months and there was limited balconies left and way forward. I grabbed the balcony then watched for one to become open near mid section which one did.

Good news, I got a call from my TA today, and he was able to book guaranteed balcony for us. Now I'm crossing fingers for a real sold out, so we can get an upgrade. :)

Good news, I got a call from my TA today, and he was able to book guaranteed balcony for us. Now I'm crossing fingers for a real sold out, so we can get an upgrade. :)

That’s great that you could book a balcony guarantee. Don’t get your hopes up for a suite though. There are 42 1D balconies available. The 1D holds more than 2 guests which is why you didn’t see them in your searches. You will in all likelihood be assigned one of these.