sofa beds, fridge, member benefits

Princeandstella

We are on the edge of booking a cruise to the South Pacific on the Noordam. We will be travelling with our 12 year old. I am wondering if the sofa bed is comfortable as my 12 year old is taller than me and I'm worried that she will find the sofa bed uncomfy? Is it worth trying to find a cabin with an upper bunk?

Also do the balcony rooms all have a refrigerator?

We are elite with Princess not sure if that can be transferred over to Hal?

Thanks

I can tell you, however, that your Princess status will not transfer to HAL.

This is true but if you let HAL know in advance you will be considered a one-star Mariner and be invited to the Mariner's lunch.

All Vista class ships have a refrigerator in balcony cabins.

The Seaview is meant to be adults only, however during school holidays I have seen young people there - accompanied by adults - and there have been no problems.

Your daughter might enjoy the kids club - I understand there are plenty of fun activities.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Forums mobile app

Or any balcony state rooms that are larger than the standard size?
The stern (wake-facing) VB on decks 4 & 5 are a little longer and have a deeper balcony, especially those in the center.

You can omit the "balcony" adjective ... all cabins have them.

We are on the edge of booking a cruise to the South Pacific on the Noordam. We will be travelling with our 12 year old. I am wondering if the sofa bed is comfortable as my 12 year old is taller than me and I'm worried that she will find the sofa bed uncomfy? Is it worth trying to find a cabin with an upper bunk?

Also do the balcony rooms all have a refrigerator?

We are elite with Princess not sure if that can be transferred over to Hal?

Thanks

The sofa beds on HAL are better than the sofa beds on Princess - I’ve slept on both! However, it won’t be as comfortable as a regular bed. I think for both cruise lines, executives should be required to sleep on their sofa beds at least one night! [emoji23][emoji23]

Your room will have a refrigerator and I agree with other posts about letting HAL know your Princess status even though it’s not transferable.

Enjoy your cruise! I like both cruise lines equally well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No need to let HAL know of your Princess status. Just go to the HAL website and start a booking. when it asks for you Mariner number, choose to have them look it up. Likely you will find because you have sailed on a Carnival owned cruise line, you already have one. I did, but whether it was from the Princess cruises or the Carnival cruises I don't know. EM

i wouldn't call it a fridge. There is no thermostatic control so it cools the contents, but not in the way a refrigerator would maintain coolness.

OK for sodas if you leave them there at least 12 hours before using them.

This is true but if you let HAL know in advance you will be considered a one-star Mariner and be invited to the Mariner's lunch.

HAL's Vista class ships are Zuiderdam, Westerdam, Oosterdam and Noordam.