Since HAL site is down, need info...

janmcn

What is the Explore 4 other than the drink package (don't drink enough), Pinacle Grill (we're 5* so get 2 anyway), ???

I think it's going to be more cost effective to NOT have it, but wanted to verify...

This is what I am seeing: Includes: Signature Beverage Package, Pinnacle Grill Dinner, 50% reduced deposit and Free or reduced fares for 3rd/4th guests. Bonus offer for suites: receive the above plus US$200 onboard spending money!

The HAL site hangs on Firefox, but loads fine on Chrome.

FWIW, we booked Explore 4 for ourselves and non-E4 for my DFIL. His fare was due, 100% non refundable are the time of booking. He's in a VA, paying single supplement (2x fare, less port taxes and fees on guest 2.)

Our final payment is not due until September 17th. I'm not saying that they're encouraging drinking, but...

The E4 fare allows us to get the Amex Platinum OBC. The non-E4 fare is not eligible for the Amex OBC.

The HAL site hangs on Firefox, but loads fine on Chrome.

FWIW, we booked Explore 4 for ourselves and non-E4 for my DFIL. His fare was due, 100% non refundable are the time of booking. He's in a VA, paying single supplement (2x fare, less port taxes and fees on guest 2.)

Our final payment is not due until September 17th. I'm not saying that they're encouraging drinking, but...

The E4 fare allows us to get the Amex Platinum OBC. The non-E4 fare is not eligible for the Amex OBC.

I don't see the Amex offer in my account. Do you have a link?

I don't see the Amex offer in my account. Do you have a link?
I have never seen the AMEX shipboard credit on HAL's site.

It only shows up on our confirmation from our TA.

It's not an offer in the Amex offers section of the website, it's part of the Platinum Card Travel Benefits. You need a personal or corporate Platinum card or a Centurion (Black) card. It's applied automatically if you book through Amex travel or a participating travel agent. (Our TA is an Amex agency. We don't book directly through Amex for cruises.)

KK is correct. You won't see it's on the HAL site. Your TA will see it. It's applied to once you make final payment.

Not all fares will qualify. In our case, our room will Explore 4 is eligible, but DFIL's room at the non-E4 rate is not.

The OBC is only for the straight Amex cards, not the co-branded ones.