Beverage package exemption

RichL

We are looking at booking NCL and I would like to have the UBP or open bar package. I understand that my wife would be required to purchase the package also. She doesn’t drink alcohol or soda, and water IS NOT included. Would NCL waive that requirement? If not, this will be a deal breaker.

We have cruised RCCL and they now require all adults to purchase the drink package if one person does. I’ve been told that by calling and speaking to a CSR, RCCL will waive that requirement.

Depending on how much you drink it still may be worth getting the package also she can get virgin drinks as well. I have never heard of getting an exemption since everyone would do it and then just get their other half a drink as well. If it doesn't pay you to get the UBP just pay as you go it is really that simple.

Guests 1 and 2 would have to take the free promotion. Like RCCL, you can still pay retail for the package for yourself,,,, but it would be a lot cheaper just to get the freebie package for the two of you. Break even comes to about 4 drinks a day.

Guests 1 and 2 would have to take the free promotion. Like RCCL, you can still pay retail for the package for yourself,,,, but it would be a lot cheaper just to get the freebie package for the two of you. Break even comes to about 4 drinks a day.

But if you purchase it, it has to be purchased by everyone in the cabin.