Flight from Fort Lauderdale

Im sure this has been asked many times... How long does it typically take to get off the ship and to the airport? We return to port at 7:00 am.

Also depends on the ship. If you are on an Oasis class ship, there can be many others who want to walk off early too, so you may have to get in the self-assist line very early.

When people just list the ship and flight time that they are thinking about booking it is a lot easier to give advice on whether or not it is doable. I don't have much issue trying to make 10 AM flights and I have booked even a bit earlier. I always do self assist.

Also depends on the ship. If you are on an Oasis class ship, there can be many others who want to walk off early too, so you may have to get in the self-assist line very early.

Actually, you might be surprised. When I sailed Oasis, I was told by a crew member it was best to wait until 6:45 as all the people who line up are gone at that point and you can just walk off. So we did just that, waited until 6:45, walked off with no line at all, and customs was clear by then, too. So we walked off and right through customs. Exactly as the crew member described.

Was it a fluke? Not sure. But the crew member would know. So on our Harmony sailing, we did the same thing. Walked right off again at 6:45 and same result.

Unless you have an obnoxiously early flight and an extra 15 minutes is life or death, I would definitely suggest 6:45 for Oasis class self-disembark.

Actually, you might be surprised. When I sailed Oasis, I was told by a crew member it was best to wait until 6:45 as all the people who line up are gone at that point and you can just walk off. So we did just that, waited until 6:45, walked off with no line at all, and customs was clear by then, too. So we walked off and right through customs. Exactly as the crew member described.

Was it a fluke? Not sure. But the crew member would know. So on our Harmony sailing, we did the same thing. Walked right off again at 6:45 and same result.

Unless you have an obnoxiously early flight and an extra 15 minutes is life or death, I would definitely suggest 6:45 for Oasis class self-disembark.

I have had great luck with 7:45 so it seems like there may be a window. At that time the people in a rush are gone and those with numbers have not clogged everything up yet. We usually have breakfast, take a last walk around the ship, and walk off.