Live from the Amsterdam, Alaska Aug 5-12

TheSecondSister

Hi sis, I used to be able to click on your photos to enlarge, but I'm not having any luck doing that this time. Your posted dinner menu is impossible to read. Appreciate you blogging during your vacation:*, but since I'm your older sister I get to whine at you;p

(Thank you)

Hi sis, I used to be able to click on your photos to enlarge, but I'm not having any luck doing that this time. Your posted dinner menu is impossible to read. Appreciate you blogging during your vacation:*, but since I'm your older sister I get to whine at you;p

(Thank you)

Don't you really mean "WINE" at her :D:D:D

Enjoying following along!

My sister has a couple more posts and photos up. She says internet is "slower than molasses", but she is able to get items posted to her blog. She's counting on the internet being faster in Juneau, where she can use her phone as a mobile hot spot.

https://twocruisingsisters.wordpress.com/

A couple new blog posts up over at twocruisingsisters.wordpress.com - I'd post the pics here too but internet is very slow still. For instance, it took 2 minutes 38 seconds just to load the CC board. Internet was much better on Zaandam in May. Not sure if this is specific to Amsterdam or what, but still hoping it'll speed up.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Forums mobile app

I like that the covers for the Promenade deck chairs make it VERY clear that they are reserved for Lanai guests. That said it's a shame they didn't add additional deck chairs to compensate for the large # of reserved ones, but at least this should help alleviate some of the issues I've heard of in past related to Lanai rooms and deck chairs :)

We were on the Eurodam earlier this season and they had a good selection of Alaskan beers (bottle) set up around the lido pool the entire cruise. These beers were included in the beverage package.

Thx u. I did a beverage package once, before the entire room was required to purchase. Can't justify $90 a day on alcohol.

Hoping to find a few beers during the happiest hours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Forecast: Auroral activity will be active. Weather permitting, active auroral displays will be visible overhead from Barrow to Anchorage and Juneau, and visible low on the horizon from King Salmon and Prince Rupert.

As I mentioned in my blog, the Amsterdam is looking spiffy, but no real change in her public space configuration. The Crows Nest is the same (no EXC), the library has books, games, puzzles, and everything is as it should be - or at leas the way I think it should be. :p

So great to know this!! I agree with you about the way it "should" be :). I board on the 12th, when you and your hubby disembark, so of course I'm following the blog with relish!

Thx u. I did a beverage package once, before the entire room was required to purchase. Can't justify $90 a day on alcohol.

Hoping to find a few beers during the happiest hours.

In addition to Alaska Brewing beers, this is the beers listed in bar menu.beer-menu.thumb.jpg.71d763e29bd4611552c0554afcbb9bd3.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727V using Forums mobile app

Just saw the second post with cabin photos - looks like the Category K cabins deck 7 aft got a bathroom refresh ... curious if ALL insides got this or only selected ones........

I'm wondering the same thing as well. Could it be that many cabins that are shower only got the update? Or perhaps those on the same decks as suites. Maybe they are updating one by one, ongoing.

The Amsterdam is on her way to Yakutat Bay and Hubbard Glacier, and scheduled to be there by 2 pm this afternoon. I know from experience that internet and cell connectivity is pretty spotty up there, so we might not hear from my sister until much later in the day.

https://twocruisingsisters.wordpress.com/