Checked bags on a short cruise

bookworm_agent

Hello,

I am planning a short (4 night) cruise next year (my first cruise!! :)) and I am planning on taking a small suitcase and a backpack - can I carry both of these on and not check either of them? I don't have a problem with carrying them around with me for the whole day if the rooms aren't ready for ages.

Thank you in advance,

Emma :)

Rather then giving you zero answers to your questions and only telling you to go ask somewhere else, I will actually give you a generic answer that should be good enough.

In case you didn't know, there are no extra fees charged for checked luggage on cruise ships, unlike many airlines. There is no real reason to inconvenience yourself by lugging around both the backpack and the suitcase. The ship's crew are very good at getting luggage to the rooms well before dinner. And I have never heard of anyone who has had items stolen out of their checked luggage. We always check everything but a small carry on, and have never had any issues in all our many cruises.

But do keep all of your valuables, including extra cash, jewelry, medications, electronics and documents in your backpack so you will always have those items with you in case you need it before your suitcase arrives.

And, for future questions regarding specific cruise lines, the best source will always be that cruise line forum. There most likely be people on this forum that will be able to answer your questions, but asking on the specific forum will get you a larger audience of experts of that cruise line who can provide you with a wealth of information.

Happy cruising! Even though it has been decades since my first cruise, I still remember how excited I was.

Thank you very much for the detailed answer :D I will keep this in mind - I've got awhile to decide :)

Also thank you for the advice on the forums ( I guess it came across this is my first time here :))

Happy cruising to you too :) Yes I really, really excited :D

Hello,

I am planning a short (4 night) cruise next year (my first cruise!! :)) and I am planning on taking a small suitcase and a backpack - can I carry both of these on and not check either of them? I don't have a problem with carrying them around with me for the whole day if the rooms aren't ready for ages.

Thank you in advance,

Emma :)

IF the bags will fit through a standard airport scanner you can carry them on board, no questions asked.