Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Mysty .. thank you so much for the bright posts to lighten these dark days

I have been cross posting a few in other places to spread some cheer.. hope you do not mind.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tgh said:

Mysty .. thank you so much for the bright posts to lighten these dark days

I have been cross posting a few in other places to spread some cheer.. hope you do not mind.

Please feel free to spread all the cheer you can!  😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the grace of @tgh checking in with mysty forces me to confront my own occasional lack of grace... Spins, your beautiful post about appreciating things we take for granted, and deliberately trying to be better people as a result of this - is it ok that I've shared that as well?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Hope all have a good Friday.

Uplifting news welcome and please share!

I'm with you Spins!  Uplifting news is becoming very hard to find.  In order to keep my somewhat tenuous hold on sanity I have instituted a personal moratorium on all predictions regarding the COVID-19 situation. I will avoid reading all predictions relating to the length of time our current situation will last, all predictions relating to the stock market and to our economy. It will play out the way it will play out. My responsibility is to follow the mandated restrictions on my activities and my social interactions. I will be a good citizen of my town, my province, my country and my world. In addition I will be mindful of the struggles of others and respectful of their own attempts to cope with our current situation. Best wishes to all as we forge our way into a new world order!  Here is another uplifting piece......

7D4B5BB4-FA47-4908-B9E3-DF3D419C2010.jpeg.6deca202b6c5d0e590b4ab4497a1d943.jpeg

• Like 5

Good morning folks, well, I have some news (not viral)'...but more maintenance.....I have to get a new a/c unit:classic_wacko:

For those of you who do not live in "warm/humid" climates, A/C is something that we cannot be without. My condo

is pretty well insulated as I am on the bottom level but living in Florida? A/C is a must! I moved in here back in 2012

and the a/c unit at that time was 12 years old. (It is the original unit). Well,....yesterday it finally went caput

on me and it will cost too much to fix so I am spending a bit more and getting a new one and they are going to be

installing it TODAY:classic_biggrin:......they won't have to be within 6 feet of me at all to install everything. I will definitely stay

out of the way.  And it has a 10 year warranty on it as well. I know the old one went way beyond its shelf life

and I had regular maintenance contract with the company who is doing this so it is not like I was negligent with

keeping things up.  But 19 years is a good run LOL......

2 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Hope all have a good Friday.  Uplifting news welcome and please share!

YES!!  Appreciate and agree on the need posted by Spins for "uplifting news" and sharing of some positive aspects of life during these challenging days.  Below are three pictures from a little "walk around" yesterday afternoon to sample the early spring flowers at our home in its nice, wooded ravine setting.  For the past couple of days we had some nice sunshine and decent 60'sF temperatures here in Central Ohio.  Was able to be out on our screened porch, enjoying the songs from the birds, etc. 

Always wonderful to see the daily funnies from Mysty.  Sorry about the hit to the wallet for Lois in doing the AC replacement.  It has been nearly three weeks since we returned from New Zealand and the South Pacific.  Plus, our flights through LAX.  Still being and seeming to be healthy here.    

We got out of these areas and returned to home just before everything closed up and became super challenged.  Tahiti and French Polynesia are truly amazing.  Might share a few visuals here to verify why these locations should be on a "must see" list for the future when things return to "normal".  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 251,017 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Here are a couple of visual samples of the Spring flowers coming up as we shift from winter to the warmer periods of the year here in Central Ohio.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

CMC_1590.thumb.jpeg.ca6458e2029899ac9da424b6107ecf29.jpeg

CMC_1594.thumb.jpeg.f918f39b2cdfbc44375ba55071eef3eb.jpeg

As I walked around on the northside of our ravine property, there was a herd of about ten deer making their moves in searching to score green for their grazing.  Here are three of these deer giving me a "look" as I was interrupting their dining efforts.:

CMC_1603.thumb.jpeg.2acddaa5b0efe34d7233c3b6dc729374.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi friends...….Mysty, that one gets an OUCH:classic_biggrin:....LOL...….

Well, I am in the process of getting all my credit back from AMA Waterways for the cancelled river cruise.

I know every company has their own way of doing things....their way is a bit funky.  They issued me a large

amount on one entry. Then I got 2 more refunds and am still waiting for the final amount.   I have been in touch

with the rep who helped me and she said their accounting dept has issued everything I am due (her numbers

match mine) but the last one is still not back on my VISA.  Hopefully it will come through next week.  I am really

not wanting to have an issue with this.....I know there are other things that are more important but it would be

nice to have it all taken care of.  I know sometimes credits can take their time where as charges

get put on your card PRONTO!

Hi folks, can't re-open the windows here LOL...even though it is still March it is a/c time down here!!!!  A re-set would

still be good though.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 8:31 AM, Lois R said:

Well, I am in the process of getting all my credit back from AMA Waterways for the cancelled river cruise.  Hopefully it will come through next week.  I am really not wanting to have an issue with this.....I know there are other things that are more important but it would be nice to have it all taken care of.  I know sometimes credits can take their time where as charges get put on your card PRONTO!

YES!  Know that feeling for waiting and waiting to get a credit made back to your card account by a cruise line.  On March 11, we paid up in full for the Jan. 30, 2021, Silversea Silver Origin Galapagos Islands trip.  Then, on March 12, as we saw the stock value of RCCL crashing down and weeks of cruises being scrubbed, we decided that we did not want to risk any financial mess risking that large of an amount from our payments in advance made for this early next year cruise.  Sure, supposedly, our credit card and travel insurance protects us.  BUT, when you press the credit card people for details on that certainty of protection, the words get  a little vague and not exactly 100% sure and certain.  On March 12, we made that request for a refund to Silversea.  They told our travel agent it would take seven to ten business days to process.  Our travel agent last week reached a top SS finance official and they said it had been process by them and sent on March 24 to CitiBank.  But, yesterday, our bank says they have not yet received it.  

Remember the words of Carly Simon's "Anticipation" song with the words about "keepin' me waitin' "???  It is claimed that RCCL has a huge credit line and a large amount of cash.  I will feel better and more confident when my money is properly credit back to my MasterCard. Any others having large payments made to SS and being concerned about their longer-range credit/cash situation?  These questions are increased as it appears, maybe, that these three major cruise lines "based" in Florida but flagged overseas, will probably not be getting any Federal bail-outs as will go to the U.S. airlines, hotels, dining places, etc. 

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 239,042

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Edited by TLCOhio

1 hour ago, TLCOhio said:

YES!  Know that feeling for waiting and waiting to get a credit made back to your card account by a cruise line.  On March 11, we paid up in full for the Jan. 30, 2021, Silversea Silver Origin Galapagos Islands trip.  Then, on March 12, as we saw the stock value of RCCL crashing down and weeks of cruises being scrubbed, we decided that we did not want to risk any financial mess risking that large of an amount from our payments in advance made for this early next year cruise.  Sure, supposedly, our credit card and travel insurance protects us.  BUT, when you press the credit card people for details on that certainty of protection, the words get  a little vague and not exactly 100% sure and certain.  On March 12, we made that request for a refund to Silversea.  They told our travel agent it would take seven to ten business days to process.  Our travel agent last week reached a top SS finance official and they said it had been process by them and sent on March 24 to CitiBank.  But, yesterday, our bank says they have not yet received it.  

Remember the words of Carly Simon's "Anticipation" song with the words about "keepin' me waitin' "???  It is claimed that RCCL has a huge credit line and a large amount of cash.  I will feel better and more confident when my money is properly credit back to my MasterCard. Any others having large payments made to SS and being concerned about their longer-range credit/cash situation?  These questions are increased as it appears, maybe, that these three major cruise lines "based" in Florida but flagged overseas, will probably not be getting any Federal bail-outs as will go to the U.S. airlines, hotels, dining places, etc. 

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 239,042

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Hi Terry, good to see you again.  The thing is, AMA has issued me a bunch of refund but there is still one amount I am still due.

My rep at a AMA said everything was issued on the SAME DAY. I am going to give it a few more days

and hopefully this final amount will show up!  If not? I guess I will have to go through that "dispute process".

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

My rep at a AMA said everything was issued on the SAME DAY. I am going to give it a few more days and hopefully this final amount will show up!

Lois,

If you used one of the major credit card companies (Chase, Citi, AMEX) for your payment, you can login to your account and see all pending transactions, both creditsand debits, before they “officially” post to your account.  This way you’ll know if what your AMA rep told you is true.  There is no need to wait a few more days.