Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Good morning coolers.......great photo😃 Hi Mysty, yes that is Gloria Estevan.........

Great picture😃 did anyone watch "The Kennedy Center Honors" last night? She was the host😃

8 hours ago, mysty said:

Would that be the amazing Ms Estevan?  WOW!  You travel in an exalted circle!   Were you in the business?  Pardon my nosyness!

All will be revealed when we are on the same voyage.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

All will be revealed when we are on the same voyage.

Can't happen soon enough Chas!  🥰   Maybe consider  something on the Grand Northern Europe Voyage 2022?  😀

middle daughter sent me this brand new music video, poetic I think.  As much as I love some of the music from years gone by, beautiful music still being made today.  A bit of the lyrics below

Don't listen to me, I only believe myself

So I'm going somewhere to do that alone

And then I see you

The light falls through the room

And all of it don't seem so hard

(1) Rostam - Gwan (Official Music Video) - Bing video

17 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

middle daughter sent me this brand new music video, poetic I think.  As much as I love some of the music from years gone by, beautiful music still being made today.  A bit of the lyrics below

Don't listen to me, I only believe myself

So I'm going somewhere to do that alone

And then I see you

The light falls through the room

And all of it don't seem so hard

(1) Rostam - Gwan (Official Music Video) - Bing video

Que that is beautiful!  We are all islands in a great big sea searching for recognition,  understanding  and acceptance.   When we find it we are filled with wonder and ecstasy!  Thank you!

• Like 1

Well, since we seem to be talking about inspiring lyrics....

I have instructed my DW that upon my expiry date, I want the first album by Quicksilver Messenger Service (1969?)  played in its' entirety.  I found it engaging, elegant and inspiring, still among the best things that came out of SF in that era.  One of the songs that had lyrics (they did a number of purely instrumental songs (well reviewed by Downbeat, I might note)), I found especially touching - a song between friends & lovers, encouraging the other to set aside negative emotions and let their natural love light shine through.  Lyrics follow:

Light Your Windows
Hold on girl, now don't be blue
Dry those tears for me and you.
Can't you see our love is true, when you remember
To do just what you say you'll do -
Can't you see I live for you?
And I need you to trust me, too.

Open your eyes,
So the sunshine within you
Will light all your windows
And change -  all your baby blues -
To golden sparks that light your eyes
When you finally realize
That your fears were all just lies.

So, open those eyes
And let the sunshine within you
Light all your windows,
And change all your baby blues
To gold. (end)

Of all the great lyrics and writing of the late part of last century in the US*, at least that related to healthy human relations, I have for 50 years thought the line "That your fears were all just lies" was one of the more profound I have read.  I think of it every day.  Words to live by, IMHO.  

It is a beautiful song; you can find it on YouTube by searching by the song name. 

*Well, maybe John Lennon lived in US when he wrote "Woman", so that would be right up there, also.  

• Like 2

We are having a great trip. Made it to Crater Lake today. It's spectacular. 

20210607_181229.thumb.jpg.7eb82b68306361e3ebf9b352d3df67b6.jpg

We spent the morning there, then drove a bunch of the Scenic Rogue-Umpqua Byway for more spectacular scenery. 

But the highlight of today is shown in this picture. 

received_1077342072755847.thumb.jpeg.505eefa0bc8bdd045a9fbb2f38bddf27.jpeg

From L-R, Chris, Mrs. and Mr. Stumblefoot, and me. How did we meet up here at the top of the trail to Watson Falls? Was it a random coincidence? 

When I started planning this trip in April, I shared our plans with Stumbles, and we decided to coordinate being in Crater Lake and Willamette at the same time. I didn't realize that he hadn't told his wife that we were meeting up. Quite the surprise for her!

So we both arrived at our separate lodgings near Crater Lake yesterday. We headed directly there in the morning, but they did the scenic byway first. Around 4:00 he messaged that they were 30 minutes away from the park. I replied that we were heading to Watson Falls...and he told me that they had just arrived there! Quite a lucky break!

We got there posthaste and ran up the trail, catching up with them at the very top, just as they had turned around to walk back down. We pretended not to recognize Mrs. Stumbles as she stepped aside to let us by, then I said "Hey Stumblefoot!" as we passed by.

Mrs. Stumbles was amazed to realize that it was really us. She thought that we looked like JP and Chris but didn't believe that it was possible. We reminisced for a bit then walked down the trail and headed out on our separate itineraries. We will meet up again on Thursday for a day of wine tasting in the Willamette Valley. It will be lots of fun!

And now time for a snooze. One last pic of Chris at Crater Lake. She has wanted to go there for years. Glad we finally made it!

20210607_104514.thumb.jpg.bb2545adc4d33c87e93fbf5bbb9dac47.jpg

• Like 15

5 hours ago, jpalbny said:

We spent the morning there, then drove a bunch of the Scenic Rogue-Umpqua Byway for more spectacular scenery. 

From L-R, Chris, Mrs. and Mr. Stumblefoot, and me. How did we meet up here at the top of the trail to Watson Falls? Was it a random coincidence? 

When I started planning this trip in April, I shared our plans with Stumbles, and we decided to coordinate being in Crater Lake and Willamette at the same time. I didn't realize that he hadn't told his wife that we were meeting up. Quite the surprise for her!

So we both arrived at our separate lodgings near Crater Lake yesterday. We headed directly there in the morning, but they did the scenic byway first. Around 4:00 he messaged that they were 30 minutes away from the park. I replied that we were heading to Watson Falls...and he told me that they had just arrived there! Quite a lucky break!

We got there posthaste and ran up the trail, catching up with them at the very top, just as they had turned around to walk back down. We pretended not to recognize Mrs. Stumbles as she stepped aside to let us by, then I said "Hey Stumblefoot!" as we passed by.

Mrs. Stumbles was amazed to realize that it was really us. She thought that we looked like JP and Chris but didn't believe that it was possible. We reminisced for a bit then walked down the trail and headed out on our separate itineraries. We will meet up again on Thursday for a day of wine tasting in the Willamette Valley. It will be lots of fun!

And now time for a snooze. One last pic of Chris at Crater Lake. She has wanted to go there for years. Glad we finally made it!

That is just so much awesomeness!  Well played JP and Stumbles!  Have a spectacular time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Terrific fun! Great meet up and photo of all of you!

Crater lake IS spectacular.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interruption from the regular cooler, an advisory note with some musings and rhetorical questions.

Just received credit card statement and found fraudulent charge from Italy dated May 13. 

More specifically it was Deliveroo, charged in Milan, and almost $150 after conversion from euros. 

Worse yet it was a recurring charge, and would have appeared every month on the card. 

A recurring charge!!!! Maybe some of the thieves think I don’t reconcile my charges each month? Or that I won’t notice a charge made in Italy, when I am not even there! Or that I am dumb!

Or???

The card has been cancelled and a new one will arrive someday in the near future. I am not responsible for the charges.

Back to the original programming…

1 minute ago, spinnaker2 said:

Interruption from the regular cooler, an advisory note with some musings and rhetorical questions.

Just received credit card statement and found fraudulent charge from Italy dated May 13. 

More specifically it was Deliveroo, charged in Milan, and almost $150 after conversion from euros. 

Worse yet it was a recurring charge, and would have appeared every month on the card. 

A recurring charge!!!! Maybe some of the thieves think I don’t reconcile my charges each month? Or that I won’t notice a charge made in Italy, when I am not even there! Or that I am dumb!

Or???

The card has been cancelled and a new one will arrive someday in the near future. I am not responsible for the charges.

Back to the original programming…

WOW!  That's brazen!  I think scammers and cheats are not using much brain power these days!  Good catch on the card!  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mysty said:

WOW!  That's brazen!  I think scammers and cheats are not using much brain power these days!  Good catch on the card!  

Not sure if I should feel insulted by the audacity of the charge…time to do some updating of passwords too. 

:-)))

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 11:35 AM, mysty said:

Your wish is my command Stumble!

On 6/6/2021 at 3:05 PM, QueSeraSera said:

OK, I see no reason not to put this bbq guide to work tonight, other than I'm preparing pan fried walleye (from Canada!).

Brilliant you two.  Just brilliant!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Not sure if I should feel insulted by the audacity of the charge…time to do some updating of passwords too. 

:-)))

If you haven't already been using one, I suggest you get a Password Manager so you can create a unique, impossible to remember password for each website.  I use 1Password.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Quite the surprise for her!  Mrs. Stumbles was amazed to realize that it was really us.

JP is so right.  The surprise on Silver Queen’s face was priceless.  She literally couldn’t believe it.  

The timing couldn’t have been any better.  Here we were, in practically the middle of nowhere, and as Silver Queen is trying to navigate down a muddy and rocky slope to get out of the way of the ascending couple, she thought her mind was playing tricks on her.  As Chris passed her on the trail, she thought to herself, “I have that very same coat.”  Then, as JP passes, she thought to herself, “that guy looked like JP, but couldn’t possibly be.”  Since Silver Queen has been known to mistake identities in the past, she decides to not say anything and proceeds down on the path.  She never imagined to see JP & Chris on a trail in the Oregon wilderness!  Why would she?  Only when she hears the call of “Stumblefoot?” from JP that she spins around in wide eyed amazement, utterly flabbergasted.  Her mind had not betrayed her after all!

Silver Queen is still talking about the surprise this morning.  Amazed.  And, we’re both looking forward to Thursday’s events with JP & Chris!  Attached is a pic of them together wearing their signature Silversea coats.

CCF6B80D-ABCA-472C-9CA5-ABCF89B04972.jpeg

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Brilliant you two.  Just brilliant!

Que and I are taking our show on the road!  Look for us in a city or town near you!  Of course we'll have to wait until I can actually leave my house! 😁

• Like 3