Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

I am sure this will seem everyday to most of you, but I have just had my old mind blown by an email from my daughter, sipping fizz in a London airport lounge, telling me she was looking and listening to my grandson live from a Club in Nashville Tennessee,  playing bass and singing with one of his  groups.  

Is this just wonderful, or could it be a bit scary to think of what may come next?  

Lola

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

I am sure this will seem everyday to most of you, but I have just had my old mind blown by an email from my daughter, sipping fizz in a London airport lounge, telling me she was looking and listening to my grandson live from a Club in Nashville Tennessee,  playing bass and singing with one of his  groups.  

Is this just wonderful, or could it be a bit scary to think of what may come next?  

Lola

Lola, for now I would go with "this is just wonderful".   And hope that it stays that way! 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

Lola

Hi Lola, it is just wonderful🙂

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, zqtchas said:

good luck thru LHR.

The flight had a 2-hour delay. got to the hotel (Hilton Nordica) at 2 AM. This was the worst trip we did so far. But when we chose this cruise, US border was closed, and my US visa was expired. So, we decided to come through London. And we are not so familiar with LHR. We took 36 hours to arrive. The best route would be flying to JFK (which we are very familiar) and from there to Iceland.  

But here we are; we took most of the day to rest and visit the National Museum.

We just had the covid test offered by Silversea and we both got negative. Tomorrow we fly to Greenland to board Silver Wind.

Hilton Nordica is full. There is the Silversea counter, one from Regent and one from Viking on the reception.

In town we saw the MS National Geographic Explorer and from my window we can see one ship from MSC.

Pictures will follow later today.

• Like 6

We returned from Ireland July 17, on July 18 we felt ill and tested positive for Covid.  Lesson #1: a group tour is no safer than a cruise regarding this blasted disease.  Maybe less so?

Finally feeling happy and human yesterday.  I have enjoyed the cooler throughout the ordeal.

Anyway, Ireland is a wonderful country to visit.  Going to try and post a few photos....

image.png.86666c56adb42fae994fd8176b116d0d.png

Above, Kylemore Abbey, wonderful grounds, fascinating history.

image.png.1732187214d1efe2c5057563534c3422.png

Cliffs of Moher - incredible views

image.thumb.png.aeeaaf02dc79e2b0a0b7bba8a5315e21.png

Dear wife and I near Kinsale, had a delicious Irish coffee shortly after this photo.

• Like 8

Completely and utterly nothing to do with any of the foregoing but:

Well done England women's football team for winning the EUFA championship yesterday at Wembley. All you English should be rightly proud of your Lionesses. 

• Like 6

Thanks Tts; I certainly was - and of the behaviour of the crowd and everyone involved in it.  I hope I am allowed to say that it was in part due to the (usually) civilising influence of women.  

A much needed morale boost for England  at present, with everything else going on, both here and in the world.

Lola

• Like 2

Fully understand that the Commonwealth Games have little interest to most people on this board but being the Mother of swimmers I love these games. It’s when Australia is on top - I know, very self indulgent.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Joc123 said:

Fully understand that the Commonwealth Games have little interest to most people on this board but being the Mother of swimmers I love these games. It’s when Australia is on top - I know, very self indulgent.

Not at all self indulgent - your country is amazingly good at so many sports, considering your population numbers.

I know most of the Commonwealth countries would prefer to not have a British monarch as their head of state (understandably), but I do feel it would be a shame if the Commonwealth disappeared.

Lola

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Not at all self indulgent - your country is amazingly good at so many sports, considering your population numbers.

I know most of the Commonwealth countries would prefer to not have a British monarch as their head of state (understandably), but I do feel it would be a shame if the Commonwealth disappeared.

Lola

I certainly think Australia should become a republic once the worthy monarch passes, but the history and camaraderie of the Commonwealth should definitely remain.

• Like 2

So an early 0500 start tomorrow for our first epic trip since Covid. We are starting a new custom by having dinner the night before at our favourite Vietnamese restaurant in Maroochydore. Nyugen Brothers.

Rojaan always has the lemongrass beef with vermicelli salad and I had the lemongrass beef  banh mi.

B89EAA45-663E-49D5-8FFE-5FD7D62E1038.thumb.jpeg.3437fec9aeaae111eb5eb1e57b746b3c.jpeg7E09AFC2-894B-405A-B9B0-393137849581.thumb.jpeg.45164c57ffa04241c445018ba62a2d43.jpeg0BE073FE-E2F0-4B5F-8287-B1C9AF667AB0.thumb.jpeg.c92fb34f3861fd27f474f2131155eecb.jpeg

Definitely worth it.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, drron29 said:

So an early 0500 start tomorrow for our first epic trip since Covid. We are starting a new custom by having dinner the night before at our favourite Vietnamese restaurant in Maroochydore. Nyugen Brothers.

Rojaan always has the lemongrass beef with vermicelli salad and I had the lemongrass beef  banh mi.

B89EAA45-663E-49D5-8FFE-5FD7D62E1038.thumb.jpeg.3437fec9aeaae111eb5eb1e57b746b3c.jpeg7E09AFC2-894B-405A-B9B0-393137849581.thumb.jpeg.45164c57ffa04241c445018ba62a2d43.jpeg0BE073FE-E2F0-4B5F-8287-B1C9AF667AB0.thumb.jpeg.c92fb34f3861fd27f474f2131155eecb.jpeg

Definitely worth it.

Love your new custom!  Meals look delicious!  Enjoy your adventure!