Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Just a musing.....there seems to be a lot of "us" and "them" these days.  What the hell happened to "we"? 😔

Also just musing....How about just an "H" for humans. That defines all of us, although we need a "P" for pets too.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, jpalbny said:

I'm happy to flip them for you, if you have some that you really want to post, but they are upside down. 

Unfortunately disaster has struck. Was walking up to the Apple reseller in Bilbao to get a USB connection cable. But with my foot drop missed by a little stepping up over a high kerb. Redesigned my good knee and bleeding for a finger on either hand -I am on a NOAC.

But my iphone went down on the cobblestones. Screen smashed and can't use it basically though I got a notification that I had left my air tags behind.

First they wouldn't repair it without a passport. So back to the hotel.But on getting back they wanted the password for my yahoo account. It is saved on all my devices so I have no idea what my password is. And Yahoo make it virtually impossible to find your password or change it. Doesn't help that I am a tech dinosaur.

So my pictures are locked inside a broken phone. Probably will have to wait until I get to the UK.

Edited by drron29

I'm happy to flip them for you, if you have some that you really want to post, but they are upside down. 

Unfortunately disaster has struck. Was walking up to the Apple reseller in Bilbao to get a USB connection cable. But with my foot drop missed by a little stepping up over a high kerb. Redesigned my good knee and bleeding for a finger on either hand -I am on a NOAC.

But my iphone went down on the cobblestones. Screen smashed and can't use it basically though I got a notification that I had left my air tags behind.

First they wouldn't repair it without a passport. So back to the hotel.But on getting back they wanted the password for my yahoo account. It is saved on all my devices so I have no idea what my password is. And Yahoo make it virtually impossible to find your password or change it. Doesn't help that I am a tech dinosaur.

So my pictures are locked inside a broken phone. Probably will have to wait until I get to the UK.

4 minutes ago, drron29 said:

But my iphone went down on the cobblestones. Sceen smashed and can't use it basically though I got a notification that I had left my air tags behind.

Again,  no appropriate reaction button for your post.  Sympathies for the personal as well as technological injuries!  Hope there is a good recovery for both! 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, drron29 said:

There, but by the grace of GOD , go I. 😮

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

There, but by the grace of GOD , go I. 😮

Amen Chas!  The same thought stumbled through my mind.   At this point I think I am only inches away from a misjudgement that could seriously curtail my fun! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rojaan19 said:

Sunset from the roof bar, Hotel Gran Domine,  Bilbao, Spain.20220809_210736.thumb.jpg.bbb9af08c6abfc04fb9338bfaa232c3d.jpg, Bilbao

Beautiful!  I hope DrRon is sitting with his seat belt fastened well away from the edge! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, mysty said:

Beautiful!  I hope DrRon is sitting with his seat belt fastened well away from the edge! 😁

And here was I thinking what a wonderful person you were young Mysty.

Actually Rojaan took her photos from her seat whilst I was at the railing.

I did think I would be posting some pictures from my camera by now but Picasa played an awful trick on me. It updated my thumbnails and turned them all  upside down.

Apart from a sore right index finger I am fine. Though it means I am now 1 finger typing with my middle finger.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, drron29 said:

And here was I thinking what a wonderful person you were young Mysty.

Actually Rojaan took her photos from her seat whilst I was at the railing.

I did think I would be posting some pictures from my camera by now but Picasa played an awful trick on me. It updated my thumbnails and turned them all  upside down.

Apart from a sore right index finger I am fine. Though it means I am now 1 finger typing with my middle finger.

Very happy that your discomfort is fairly limited!  Middle finger is very useful at times! 😅  But DrRon my comment was kind of double-edged.   Your lovely wife was a tad disappointed with your accident.   Falls from a roof top have been known to have been assisted.   Hence the seat belt away from the edge for your protection from any threats! 😁

Edited by mysty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

ch5 -kz.jpg

I adore Mr. Churchill's wisdom and wit!  Maybe not a popular sentiment.   I tend to recognize the good while still acknowledging what may be not so good.  Baby and bath water.  😁

45 minutes ago, mysty said:

I adore Mr. Churchill's wisdom and wit!  Maybe not a popular sentiment.   I tend to recognize the good while still acknowledging what may be not so good.  Baby and bath water.  😁

We proudly hang his portrait in our lounge. Word is he may have visited my house as it was owned by his advocate general of Bengal from the 20s to the 40s but I don’t know for sure. His granddaughter has certainly visited in my time. What a wonderful man he was. There where many stories about him whilst I worked at the Savoy and I Knew many people that served him for many years. My favourite story was about  the time that they couldn’t find his private Claret glass that could hold a full bottle in the Grill dispense bar. He went nuts and when they eventually found it, he shouted that  this glass never leaves this bar again. Till the end of my days it was locked in a cabinet in the Grill dispense bar. Nobody is perfect but without him the current  EU would have had a 50 year head start. The current cancel culture is absolutely flawed. History is there to be learned from and tipping statues into a river does nothing to prevent mistakes being repeated. 

• Like 5