Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

16 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I’m in trouble again. We’ve been together for 19 years and it is his birthday and I love him very much so I’ll cut him some slack but I do beg to differ. What sort of car could you have bought anyway instead of a pair of Loubies? 

AD5C034A-211F-4350-B39B-C83FEF19021C.jpeg

Oh DW...the heart wants what the heart wants! 😁

26 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I’m in trouble again. We’ve been together for 19 years and it is his birthday and I love him very much so I’ll cut him some slack but I do beg to differ. What sort of car could you have bought anyway instead of a pair of Loubies? 

AD5C034A-211F-4350-B39B-C83FEF19021C.jpeg

I see shoes and boots like that [the uppers, not the red soles] in shop windows a lot – and I wonder: is this a warning not to 'play footsie' ???  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

The Red soles are so important though Host Jazzbeau.

Oh I know.  At the Mercure Hotel & Gold Resort at Omaha Beach we saw a Louboutin spike heel shoe – with golf spikes.  Clearly the red sole was more important that being able to play the game!  [or maybe I had the wrong game in mind...]

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Oh I know.  At the Mercure Hotel & Gold Resort at Omaha Beach we saw a Louboutin spike heel shoe – with golf spikes.  Clearly the red sole was more important that being able to play the game!  [or maybe I had the wrong game in mind...]

There’s a lot to be said for a hole in one. (Sorry but not sorry 😁)

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

Jesus opened a brewery. Do you know what he called it ?

HeBrew

My friend who only has one leg has just got a job at the brewery.

She's in charge of the hops.

My friend runs a dairy in Galilee.  He calls it Cheeses of Nazareth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hi folks, hope all of you are doing well. 

JP, AND whoever else is interested, I tried a new Gin today called Bar Hill. They are out of Vermont and it is really good😀

The restaurant is a local place I patronize and the drink is called The Bee's Knees, gin, honey and lemon juice. (Drink of the day). Delicious.😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Lirio said:

So today I decied to cook for some friends. Salad + rice with duck. We used lava salt from Iceland, wines and chocolates from New Zealand.image.thumb.jpeg.cefd053a1378e9d319b28f7d194bf12c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.15d1fa5b167df05c4efabffc4bbe8caf.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.560abfe729f880aeab4749e9b3bf23c0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ecce5296fb668ac0976a7d5fa3b43de8.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-25 at 14.33.40.jpeg

Looks delicious!  Drooling here!!!  😋  What did you think of the lava salt?  Looks very interesting! 

1 minute ago, Lirio said:

Tourist thing, but it is ok to entertain guests.

I must take a course with JP how to write and take pictures of food!

You're doing just fine! I enjoyed your pictures and the food looks tasty. Pinot noir is our first selection with duck too.

There is nothing more fun in the kitchen than finding a use for some exotic spice that you've brought home from a memorable trip. Try that lava salt on a grilled meat dish next!

• Like 3

On 9/24/2022 at 4:53 PM, jpalbny said:

That sounds yummy Lois. Our local wine and liquor warehouse carries this. Like the use of local honey in its production. 

In case anyone else wants to search, it's "Barr" Hill and I think I'll grab a bottle next time.

Good morning JP, sorry I mis spelled that name.........thought I would post a picture of the 

bottle.

Barr Hill Gin | Total Wine & More

• Thanks 2