Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 minute ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I'm sure you'd look great M, Im not sure its very serviceable in a Canadian winter though. Perhaps take a couple of fashion tips from the fabulous Julie Walters and wear it over a couple of foundation layers. 

p0518z0b.jpg

DW,  you obviously know my style!  Layers are always required here!  Love your suggestion! 😁

Just now, Daveywavey70 said:

Haha, no wonder you were warmer than me on the Mersey Ferry that day!

I have a very narrow temperature tolerance DW.   The struggle for me is trying to look elegant when my layers make me look like the Michelin Man. 😅

2 minutes ago, mysty said:

I have a very narrow temperature tolerance DW.   The struggle for me is trying to look elegant when my layers make me look like the Michelin Man. 😅

Silk Long Johns are the answer. 🙂 When I used to muck out the horses at 6am in the depth of a British winter they are the difference between life and death. People can't even tell you're wearing them with a pair of Jodphurs on. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Silk Long Johns are the answer. 🙂 When I used to muck out the horses at 6am in the depth of a British winter they are the difference between life and death. People can't even tell you're wearing them with a pair of Jodphurs on. 

Okay,  so the secret to elegance is silk long johns and jodphurs.   Now I'm ready for formal night! 😁

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mysty said:

Okay,  so the secret to elegance is silk long johns and jodphurs.   Now I'm ready for formal night! 😁

The jodphurs aren’t compulsory btw, just an example of the discretionary nature of the long Johns. I’m sure they’d be just as discreet under something nice and flowing by Valentino. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

The jodphurs aren’t compulsory btw, just an example of the discretionary nature of the long Johns. I’m sure they’d be just as discreet under something nice and flowing by Valentino. 

Okay first stop LL Bean for silk long johns and second stop a consignment shop for previously loved Valentino.  😁

2 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Are they on Rodeo?

They might be DW but I'm a vast distance from Rodeo!  😅  We do have consignment shops in our wee town.  Unlikely to have Valentino!  However,   I may find something elegantly suitable for hiding the silk long johns.  😁