Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

28 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Thanks for stepping in, jp.  It must be awful for poor Mysty to be powerless in every sense of the word; we struggle without her voice on here!  (I typed vice there, good job I had a look and corrected it.)

Lola

You might have been right the first time Lola 🙂

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Also wishing anyone who celebrates, A Happy Passover🙂

Is it passover already?!  That passed me over.  Oy gevalt.

Thanks Lois … in my complete innocence I have just mixed and baked a manor house fruit cake the ingredients of which I have been dggedly composing and finessing for a few weeks or so because you cannot buy a good fruit cake and I need one but sadly it doesn’t include any matzo.  

I’m waiting for it to bake and smells wonderful and whilst waiting for it I have made wifey and me a ham and egg and cress and mayo in crunchy home made ciabatta  So I’m now down on several on the yiddish front on several infringements. 

In my own defence I genuinely believe that our leader has a sense of humour and probably dislikes matzos except with butter and chopped liver. 

🙂

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

I have just mixed and baked a manor house fruit cake the ingredients of which I have been dggedly composing and finessing for a few weeks or so because you cannot buy a good fruit cake and I need one but sadly it doesn’t include any matzo.  

YES, tasty and moist fruit cake sounds wonderful.  Even though many like to trash the idea of fruit cake, it is very enjoyable for me.  My wife's late mother had an old Welsh recipe and would make one, soaked in wine, around Christmas time in the "Good Old Days".  Let's see some pictures and nice to see Jeff posting here.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

YES, tasty and moist fruit cake sounds wonderful.  Even though many like to trash the idea of fruit cake, it is very enjoyable for me.  My wife's late mother had an old Welsh recipe and would make one, soaked in wine, around Christmas time in the "Good Old Days".  Let's see some pictures and nice to see Jeff posting here.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio  

Thanks Terry.  The Welsh do very good cakes.

In thanks for your request and kindness  … this is todays cake corner …..

CACA71A7-A48E-402F-9BA4-76DD1B7ECFA7.jpeg

14C92C9F-01F3-4FCB-8976-A8383B824945.jpeg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

It would be a good lump of farmhouse Cheddar for me. I Thinks it’s a custom you only find in Yorkshire and North Wales. 

We need to tread a little Caerphilly here …..

Out of touch with you … how did you and yours cope with Covid era?  Is the manor keeping everything going?  I saw you and yours on a cruise earlier .. any other travels planned?

Jeff

Power was restored minutes ago!  It's freezing in here!  Thanks to all who contributed funnies!

I hope everyone was served their favourite libation in the usual environment of good will and respect.   I missed the Cooler denizens!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mysty said:

Power was restored minutes ago!  It's freezing in here!  Thanks to all who contributed funnies!

I hope everyone was served their favourite libation in the usual environment of good will and respect.   I missed the Cooler denizens!  

We Myst you too!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I was very unhappy that we decided not to cruise this year. So we decided to change our minds and booked a 7 day cruise Venice-Venice in the Spirit next August. Plus few days on a land trip in Italy.

But the best part of it: my daughter is joining us for 1st time in a cruise!

Bad side: SS is not offering pre cruise hotel + transfer for us because we choose  P2P. We wish we could pay to get the pre cruise 1 night hotel and the transfer to the pier (Fusina) from SS. But it is not possible. The weird is that SS doen not offer D2D from Brazil!!!

So now I will start to search information about embarkation in Fusina.

Weekend in Sao Paulo. Pictures soon.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lirio said:

I was very unhappy that we decided not to cruise this year. So we decided to change our minds and booked a 7 day cruise Venice-Venice in the Spirit next August. Plus few days on a land trip in Italy.

Bad side: SS is not offering pre cruise hotel + transfer for us because we choose  P2P. We wish we could pay to get the pre cruise 1 night hotel and the transfer to the pier (Fusina) from SS. But it is not possible. The weird is that SS doen not offer D2D from Brazil!!!

Never visited Venece before. Any recomendation will be much appreciated. And in the ports of Croacia.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lirio said:

My TA is in the process of switching my January 2024 booking from D2D to P2P.  Her contact at Silversea gave her prices for pre- and post-cruise hotels and for transfers.  So they definitely CAN be purchased by P2P guests.

[But they were expensive, and the hotels haven't been chosen yet – care to buy a pig in a poke?  So I booked the hotels myself and will call Uber for transfers.  I am breathing so much easier since I got the Silversea Air monkey off my back!]

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lirio said:

Hi Lirio - I was on this voyage last year - you will have a wonderful time! 

You cannot go directly to Fusina, as it does not have facilities for checking in passengers. For the transfer from your hotel to the ship, you go to the Venice Marittima cruise terminal (by water taxi depending on your hotel location). The Silversea team will check you in and take your luggage at that cruise terminal, then they use a bus to transfer everyone to the ship at Fusina. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

We need to tread a little Caerphilly here …..

Out of touch with you … how did you and yours cope with Covid era?  Is the manor keeping everything going?  I saw you and yours on a cruise earlier .. any other travels planned?

Jeff

Haha, tread very Caerphilly indeed. We survived it all ok thanks Jeff. Not an easy time but I'd never complain when so many have lost an awful lot more than I have.  I Did a solo trip to India in Jan and had the best experience ever. I Have missed you around here. I Hope you, Mrs Jeff and Helga are all doing well. How are you bearing up against that monterous haul of Champagne you nabbed? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Welcome back M. We did miss your vices while you were away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mysty said:

Hi Mysty.  Welcome back!  Hope you warm up soon.

When you get caught up, you will find that everyone south of the 49th parallel is waiting for you to tell them that the "Fourth of July" in Canada is on July 1  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2