Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

4 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

OK, Wavy Gravy - we're on it!  Hun, call the buffalo wranglers!  In early September, I harvested some huge, sun-warmed beef-steak type tomatoes (dark red, ready to fall off the vine), fresh butter lettuce from the garden, cooked a bunch of locally raised smoked bacon (on the outdoor burner), and carved up some local whole-wheat hippy-dippy sourdough bread, and made BLT's for dinner.  Slathered a little home-made mayo from neighbor who gives us aioli in exchange for fresh eggs, ground some pepper, chopped up some basil from the top of the plant.  Yum.  If they don't have good BLT's in heaven, I'm going to the other place....

I’m destined for going down the escalator myself WWFT and I’m hoping that’s how I’m greeted when I get there! Along with some proper roasties if I die on a Sunday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So to take my mind off other matters that are breaking my heart right now (extremely poorly cat) what would be the best way for a cooler on a round the world in 30 days (plus the bonus day) trip around the world to cross Canada , find time to visit dear friends in Carleton place, have dinner at black tartan kitchen, see Niagra falls, visit more dear friends in Albany, sail past the Statue of Liberty and head back to JFK  to fly to Dublin and then sail into Liverpool? 

• Like 3

I forgot to post this earlier but for anyone interested in a new food program, starting tonight Chef Jose Andres is traveling back to his homeland of Spain with his daughters. Episode 1 is tonight. It is on CNN.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I forgot to post this earlier but for anyone interested in a new food program, starting tonight Chef Jose Andreas is traveling back to his homeland of Spain with his daughters. Episode 1 is tonight. It is on CNN.

I literally just found it and came here to let folks know.  You beat me to the punch!  Kudos!

As I saw the info for the series I was like, how did I not know about this series that first aired on Dec. 27, ‘22?  Needless to say, the DVR is set to record the series.  So excited!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

So to take my mind off other matters that are breaking my heart right now (extremely poorly cat) what would be the best way for a cooler on a round the world in 30 days (plus the bonus day) trip around the world to cross Canada , find time to visit dear friends in Carleton place, have dinner at black tartan kitchen, see Niagra falls, visit more dear friends in Albany, sail past the Statue of Liberty and head back to JFK  to fly to Dublin and then sail into Liverpool? 

This can be arranged. If you're going west to east I'd change the order a little bit, but nothing major. Niagara then Carleton then Albany, down to NYC and Lady Liberty, then JFK.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Squeeze a night in the Rocky mountains and I’ll make a beautiful beef roast with root vegetables for you if you’ll promise to teach me how to make your proper roasties.  Oh, and we’ll raid the wine cellar in your honor too!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

I literally just found it and came here to let folks know.  You beat me to the punch!  Kudos!

As I saw the info for the series I was like, how did I not know about this series that first aired on Dec. 27, ‘22?  Needless to say, the DVR is set to record the series.  So excited!

It has been excellent....they go to Barcelona first.

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the psychiatric hotline.

If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press '1' repeatedly.

If you are co-dependant, please ask somebody to press '2'.

For multiple personality disorder, please press '3', '4', '5' and '6'.

If you are schizophrenic, a small voice will tell you which number to press.

If you are paranoid delusional, don't bother pressing anything. We already know who you are and what you want. Just hold the line for another 90 seconds so we can trace the call.

• Haha 9

8 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I’m there now and being immersed in elBulli.  What a dreamy setting! I can only imagine what it would have been like to dine there back in the day.

I went there twice.

It was an amazing experience.

So many courses,it could have been 43 or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1