Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

19 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Terry - we are on Silver Wind in early June, Helsinki to Hamburg. Expedition cruise with all stops off the beaten path. Tons of daylight. Less than 3 months to go!

Appreciate, J.P., this info and follow-ups.  Seems interesting, especially for exploring these various, more remote areas in Finland and Sweden.  You will be near St. Petersburg, but not in Russia.  Hope all stays calm in this challenged part of the world.  Look forward to your pictures and details for this new, unique "adventure"!  Are most of these ports new for Silversea and/or any major cruise lines to be visiting?  Doing any more traveling in Germany after the Hamburg docking?

image.thumb.png.f0c8da1cdc4cb4d1af94bd30045a919d.png

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, drron29 said:

My only excuse is that yesterday was not a great day and I just wasn’t on the ball.

70FC9EC4-CBD9-4E02-BD8A-C4F773F4B560.thumb.jpeg.9a8f035fc7acb4e47bf3bd751f83152c.jpeg

68951CB7-2FF1-4493-B752-381CBEDB0CC3.thumb.jpeg.a7cc5a37f80f995c32db405cb5f3ab85.jpeg

Life is full of misadventures these days!  Especially difficult in a foreign country though!  Hope this is the only blip in your travels!  🥰

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Who said you could put a photo of me up here, Mysty?   The one on the right looks (quite) like my good self.  Although I don't remember it being taken, I admit.

Lola

I'm the one on the left Lola!  The snap must have been taken during one of our gallivants!  😁

• Like 1

In Laos the large belly on a man is attractive to the ladies but not for the reason most of you fellows are thinking.The happy Buddha has a large belly and to rub it brings good luck. I had many ladies come and rub my belly when in Laos.

Later when we were in Burma (Myanmar is the Genral's name for the country and most locals call it Burma) I noticed 2 old ladies who were obviously of Laotian origin.They were looking after their grandchildren. I approached them and rubbed my belly. Both enthusiastically did the same giving me lots of thanks..

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, drron29 said:

In Laos the large belly on a man is attractive to the ladies but not for the reason most of you fellows are thinking.The happy Buddha has a large belly and to rub it brings good luck. I had many ladies come and rub my belly when in Laos.

Later when we were in Burma (Myanmar is the Genral's name for the country and most locals call it Burma) I noticed 2 old ladies who were obviously of Laotian origin.They were looking after their grandchildren. I approached them and rubbed my belly. Both enthusiastically did the same giving me lots of thanks..

Seems you're popular around the world drron!!! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1