Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

No house cleaning here.

We left home a little after 4:30 and we're making our descent into Atlanta now. Next stop, CDMX! After my experience trying to fly United last month, we are both glad to be back on DL today. 

First time in Mexico City, so we're looking forward to the food and the history. Our hotel is right by Chapultepec Park so we'll probably do that this afternoon, and maybe visit the Anthropology Museum too.

We do hope that the cats forgive us for these two trips in quick succession. They were decidedly unhappy when the suitcase came out on Tuesday. 

• Like 7

jp - do your cats sulk when you get home after a trip?  Some of them can keep it up for several days.

That sea bass looks good, Jeff.  Just the thing with a nice fresh white.  My new fave at present is a simple vinho verde, just Waitrose own, with just a smidgeon of petillance, which does not go flat,  (I can't finish a bottle in one evening if I am on my own).

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, lincslady said:

jp - do your cats sulk when you get home after a trip?  Some of them can keep it up for several days.

That sea bass looks good, Jeff.  Just the thing with a nice fresh white.  My new fave at present is a simple vinho verde, just Waitrose own, with just a smidgeon of petillance, which does not go flat,  (I can't finish a bottle in one evening if I am on my own).

Your wine choice is lovely.  I am a pleb so anything dry, lemony, frozen and young is great for me   Today I think is going to be Cremant. 

And once you find the right one why look around?

ps … Today’s pairings added ….

🙂

Jeff

IMG_6283.jpeg

IMG_6282.jpeg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon Fellow Inmates …

Todays was rustic but it was the Bass with riced buttery potatoes, green mixed steamed veg, expensive olive oil, lemons, Cremant and a lovely wife chatting away.  

Life rarely gets sweeter and I am a very very lucky bunny.

Jeff 🙂

IMG_6284.jpeg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Dora was not happy with me when we got home from the Kimberley Expedition. It took most of the last 10 days before she forgave me for that prolonged absence. When the suitcase came out on Tuesday she was not happy at all.

We'll be home for quite a while after this, so she should get over it. Fingers and paws crossed!

44 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

A big vote for this museum!  Do you have time for a day trip to Teotihuacan?

Not this time. I'm sure we will be back!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 4

Hi this is our last day and I can give my honest assessment.....while I am glad I took thus trip, it will come in a BIG 2nd or 3rd to a cruise.

I  don't think I mentioned it earlier but those first 3 days in the van affected my entire trip......the long ride? Seems to have hurt my back.........I have been dealing with it but it certainly is not a fun issue.

Today is the 4th and they are having a parade later and tonight is an outdoor concert. Not sure of I am attending it yet.

Tomorrow my flight leaves at noon and I get home At 10pm. I have a 2 hour layover at O'Hara.

JP, have fun in Mexico City.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi this is our last day and I can give my honest assessment.....while I am glad I took thus trip, it will come in a BIG 2nd or 3rd to a cruise.

I  don't think I mentioned it earlier but those first 3 days in the van affected my entire trip......the long ride? Seems to have hurt my back.........I have been dealing with it but it certainly is not a fun issue.

Today is the 4th and they are having a parade later and tonight is an outdoor concert. Not sure of I am attending it yet.

Tomorrow my flight leaves at noon and I get home At 10pm. I have a 2 hour layover at O'Hara.

JP, have fun in Mexico City.

L,

Have a great and smooth return!

Jeff

Lois, to me as well most things come in a poor second to a cruise!  In my case I think it is laziness, nothing like being not just looked after but taken all over without the slightest effort.  But you did see some lovely places; when I look at the huge variety of landscape, cities and fabulous places in the USA like Alaska and Hawaii  I can well understand why such a small proportion of your citizens have passports.  

• Like 2

Regarding what goes in the Cooler - lots of different things, with not too much emphasis on any one subject, IMO.  So, some funnies, some what's cooking, some philosophising, some on travel, some about what is happening in your own life and so on, but not too much of any one of them.  It is  to me particularly interesting to read what people from other countries are thinking, where this Cooler does shine compared with some others, where what you read is just like what your neighbours are saying.  I wish we were allowed to say more about politics, but can understand why not.

• Like 6

@lincslady and @Lois R  I have to agree other forms of travel come 2nd to cruising.  I have done quite a lot of road trips around the US and Canada.  There is stunning beauty to be found all around; yet, it's the sea that moves me the most (and the pampering on SS cruises 😉)

Edited by mchell810
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

Mysty: How did you know my exact thought for today?  I've had family staying with me for the week.  They left last night and I've got to put the house back in order, but it's not happening today!

Well, when we got home after our long time away, each morning I would wake up and think...today's the day for cleaning the apartment.   After a coffee I would decide it could wait for another day.  And it did!  😅

• Like 5
  • Haha 1