Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

On 7/13/2024 at 8:21 AM, lincslady said:

Anybody got a photogenic pussycat ?  Not that the dogs are not gorgeous, of course.  I am more of a cat person, supposedly therefore less gregarious and a bit more aloof, which I am.

Just for balance.

IMG_2017.thumb.jpg.750771d15e5f3a1e0ec05135165a2312.jpgIMG_3019-preview.thumb.jpg.6c81571c5dc2cd78823673e1f3b2a7e2.jpg

• Like 8

17 hours ago, mchell810 said:

I hope they can correct the problem bc those shoes are really cute!

Which one? 

They are going back to Amazon shoe land.

And as Goofy hopes, they may find their sole mate…

one of the pax on silversea was known for wearing two different colored shoes, but they were the same shoe. 

Perhaps its a new trend i am unaware of.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

My refrigerator is dying.  I have had it for 30 years since I built this house.  The cost of new ones is crazy, so I have scheduled a repairman for next week.  I have seen the new one that I covet, but the price is astronomical, so I will spend tomorrow debating what to do.  At my age, there is pleasure in buying things for the “last” time and thus splurging on the things I really want.  The problem with a 30 year old house is that so many of the mechanical items are reaching maturity.

This is Jade, my now 16 year old whom I rescued from a shelter last year.  She went to camp while we were in the Arctic on the Wind.

IMG_1993.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

My refrigerator is dying.  I have had it for 30 years since I built this house.  The cost of new ones is crazy, so I have scheduled a repairman for next week.  I have seen the new one that I covet, but the price is astronomical, so I will spend tomorrow debating what to do.  At my age, there is pleasure in buying things for the “last” time and thus splurging on the things I really want.  The problem with a 30 year old house is that so many of the mechanical items are reaching maturity.

This is Jade, my now 16 year old whom I rescued from a shelter last year.  She went to camp while we were in the Arctic on the Wind.

IMG_1993.jpeg

Can you try again with the flash on?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We have a black granite floor in our kitchen, and it is hard to see her even during the day!

Here she is when we adopted her.  She is a total sweetheart which is surprising given the fact that she was dumped at a shelter in a rainstorm, in the middle of the night, at age 15!

Pulled the trigger and bought the Sub Zero!  If not now, when?

690830186.JPG

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

We have a black granite floor in our kitchen, and it is hard to see her even during the day!

Here she is when we adopted her.  She is a total sweetheart which is surprising given the fact that she was dumped at a shelter in a rainstorm, in the middle of the night, at age 15!

690830186.JPG

Thats better, she looks a sweety.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

Apparently I do not know how to add a photo.  She is an all black cat similar to a Bombay.

You have to turn the lights on before you take the photo?

😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

30 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

I'm really wanting to remodel our kitchen entirely,  and get all new appliances, but it would cost a ton. And that might interfere with our early retirement - travel all over plans. Decisions, decisions!

I spent the weekend brushing Dora's ridiculously long fur coat. I think she lost five pounds! But no matter how much I comb her, her hair looks messed up the instant I'm finished.

For the most part she was good about it. Yesterday she was doing some Rubenesque poses...

20240714_144541.thumb.jpg.bf1cecf687c8e4045b9188c6310ef19d.jpg

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 13

She is lovely JP.

The past 12 months have been a time to replace worn out equipment - 2 HVAC systems, 1 hot water heater and now the refrigerator.  I don't feel too bad about replacing a 30 year old refrigerator or hot water heater. I know the new ones won't last that long, but then neither will I!  The HVAC systems are a bunch more annoying since they really should have lasted lots longer than they did.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

I know the new ones won't last that long, but then neither will I! 

I am always looking to replace home equipment/appliances that will outlast me! Boiler, roof...

My house is 220 years old and doing well for its age. I need to ensure that as I replace body part that they will outlast me too. One and done in a good way.

Cats, why can't they all get along???IMG_b.thumb.jpg.1d748a2bbba5ffe11ffa8b77ca45485a.jpg

IMG_a.thumb.jpg.cdbfe53e87ad63424e809ec0aa21a8ed.jpg

IMG_c.thumb.jpg.552790346e266c6174ddb693b9b610b7.jpg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, billc23 said:

I am always looking to replace home equipment/appliances that will outlast me! Boiler, roof...

My house is 220 years old and doing well for its age. I need to ensure that as I replace body part that they will outlast me too. One and done in a good way.

Cats, why can't they all get along???IMG_b.thumb.jpg.1d748a2bbba5ffe11ffa8b77ca45485a.jpg

IMG_a.thumb.jpg.cdbfe53e87ad63424e809ec0aa21a8ed.jpg

IMG_c.thumb.jpg.552790346e266c6174ddb693b9b610b7.jpg

What a grumpy face

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

Emtbsam - We can relate.  Our 22 year old Subzero finally started going downhill in 2021.  Sold a spare kidney and bought a new one - during post covid supply chain disruptions; took a long time to get.  We were delighted to find we could reuse the cherry cabinet panels we had on the doors on the old one, on the new one.  Still have same issue of no place to put refrigerator magnets, however....

We have Gaggenau dishwasher, convection oven, steam oven and coffee station.  Other than replacing a water shutoff valve on the DW, they just keep going and going - built to last, like the SubZero refer.  Evidently these companies haven't heard of planned obsolescence.  

• Like 3

I decided to Google SubZero and see what ya'll are talking about......all I can say is OMG😮.....their products are way too $$$$ for me. 

• Like 1