Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Three  good'uns,  Dr.Ron.

Lola

That’s a proper ‘Shires’ dialect…l often tell DD to have a goodun…it reminded me of some odd Shropshire sayings like Munna instead of mustn’t or Dunna instead of don’t…usually now only heard in the old farming communities as far as l know…it’s like a language of their own! 😊

• Like 1

In my case Che-shire, Sophia.  It was not generally used in our house, but was otherwise widespread. And it was a farming area.  But pretty much universal, I would say - one of the favourite phrases in recent years is 'job's a goodun', when something has worked out well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lincslady said:

In my case Che-shire, Sophia.  It was not generally used in our house, but was otherwise widespread. And it was a farming area.  But pretty much universal, I would say - one of the favourite phrases in recent years is 'job's a goodun', when something has worked out well.

I still use that one Lola!

Would be interesting to know of other countries odd regional ‘sayings’….😊

2 hours ago, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!

Today's funny.....

458197512_1070135704453098_5866850171474529840_n.jpg.4a55fcd0ed6c2103d1fa482f5fe0915d.jpg

I sure do, Mysty. In fact I have a recurring dream where I’m trying to make an important phone call and, yup, it’s a rotary dial phone and I keep messing it up. I wake up quite tense but then realize that I now live in the 21st century. What a relief!

• Like 1

I finally have been served and eaten food that is worthy of being shown in The Cooler.  Last night we had dinner at the Portmeirion Hotel (or The Hotel in Portmeirion).  We thought the meal was Michelin star worthy!

The cold entrée was various coloured cherry tomatoes.  Peeled!  The whole dish was absolutely delicious.  Dessert was a soft mousse with strawberry purée centre, encased in very thin tempered white chocolate.

IMG_5437.thumb.jpeg.1df327b6c5b098939ab171385333784f.jpeg

IMG_5438.thumb.jpeg.423d6b1d7ca1f2aebd72316a8ff968b5.jpeg

View of the estuary, and the view from my window.

IMG_5436.thumb.jpeg.7bee2c02550b8341f1cc92dbe2d2ac5e.jpeg

IMG_5435.thumb.jpeg.8f09c93025525a80bb63eaeaa2526b00.jpeg

Edited by Port Power
Grammar
  • Like 10

47 minutes ago, TakingFlight said:

I sure do, Mysty. In fact I have a recurring dream where I’m trying to make an important phone call and, yup, it’s a rotary dial phone and I keep messing it up. I wake up quite tense but then realize that I now live in the 21st century. What a relief!

That's kind of like the dream of waking up late for an important exam.  Even though my school years are now buried in the mists of time, I still occasionally wake up in a panic.  😅

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Port Power said:

I finally have been served and eaten food that is worthy of being shown in The Cooler.  Last night we had dinner at the Portmeirion Hotel (or The Hotel in Portmeirion).  We thought the meal was Michelin star worthy!

The cold entrée was various coloured cherry tomatoes.  Peeled!  The whole dish was absolutely delicious.  Dessert was a soft mousse with strawberry purée centre, encased in very thin tempered white chocolate.

Beautiful food and gorgeous setting!  Thanks for the joy @Port Power !

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Port Power said:

Beautiful photos...😃 I think any food photos are welcomed. The only one I posted recently were the BBQ ribs......I think your picture is much more elegant but the ribs were tasty!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mysty said:

That's kind of like the dream of waking up late for an important exam.  Even though my school years are now buried in the mists of time, I still occasionally wake up in a panic.  😅

And I have that dream, too! In mine it’s time for the final exam and I haven’t attended class all term and I don’t know where the classroom is. When I wake up I realize that I already have my degree (years ago). Not sure why these dreams keep coming back to haunt me. 

• Like 6

My only really horrid dream is that I wake up from it thinking all my teeth have fallen out ,and I have a mouthful of loose teeth.  I have in fact got nearly all of my own, and never worry about them when awake, except to be glad I have not got false ones. Can't  think what the deep psychological reason for this one is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lincslady said:

My only really horrid dream is that I wake up from it thinking all my teeth have fallen out ,and I have a mouthful of loose teeth.  I have in fact got nearly all of my own, and never worry about them when awake, except to be glad I have not got false ones. Can't  think what the deep psychological reason for this one is.

I am constantly fascinated and sometimes concerned about what my subconscious mind decides to present in the form of dreams.  I'm beginning to question the intent!  😅

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, mysty said:

I am constantly fascinated and sometimes concerned about what my subconscious mind decides to present in the form of dreams.  I'm beginning to question the intent!  😅

Not to change the subject, but I wanted you to know that I made your Tick Tok recipe with the feta and tomatoes the other night. Scrumptious. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Not to change the subject, but I wanted you to know that I made your Tick Tok recipe with the feta and tomatoes the other night. Scrumptious. 

I'm so glad you enjoyed it!  Thank you for your review! 🥰

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mysty said:

3 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

And I have that dream, too! In mine it’s time for the final exam and I haven’t attended class all term and I don’t know where the classroom is. When I wake up I realize that I already have my degree (years ago). Not sure why these dreams keep coming back to haunt me. 

Yes! I've had that dream plenty of times. I'm back in High School and it's finals week but I've not been to any of my classes... I did something close to that in real life when I was in College though!

• Haha 5

I had an interesting variation a couple of nights ago.  I, with my silver hair, decided to go back to school – in the 9th grade!  Much more interesting than my usual frustration dream where everything is going (mildly) badly and then my iPhone won't work or even let me reboot it – that's always the point at which I wake up.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Beautiful photos...😃 I think any food photos are welcomed. The only one I posted recently were the BBQ ribs......I think your picture is much more elegant but the ribs were tasty!

Presentation is important, but taste and flavour trumps all.  And these dishes were very much as tasty as they looked.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Yes! I've had that dream plenty of times. I'm back in High School and it's finals week but I've not been to any of my classes... I did something close to that in real life when I was in College though!

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one! I believe the source of my dream is that I have a Bachelor's Degree in Biology with a Minor in Chemistry. I only needed one more Chemistry class-Physical Chemistry-to have a double Major. I never could bring myself to take that class and I think subconsciously I must regret it and I keep trying to complete it...over and over and over again.

• Like 3

Back in my teenage years (aka Paleozoic), when going to a movie or bowling alley or whatever, I would have a dime in my pocket, and would call (from a phone booth) to our home (a land line), let it ring once, then hang up.  My mom knew that meant it was time to give me a ride home, and I got the dime back, as the phone wasn't answered.  Beginning of a life of crime? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

JP - I’ve had that same dream many times.  One morning, I woke up convinced that I never got my MBA.  It took a while to settle down after that.  

These days, my dream is more travel related - the plane leaves at 8 pm, it is 4 pm, I haven’t started packing yet and it is a three hour drive to the airport.

Fortunately, I am just about all packed for next week’s adventure on the Spirit.

• Like 7