Does NCL do a kids pick up at dinner?

cruisewithbaby

On other lines and I can’t remember if it was also on NCL, There was a pick up time at the front of the main dinning rooms say 7:00pm so the kids could do a fast meal and then leave with the teachers while the parents finished the long dinner and drinks and then pick up was at the kids club.

This was a great feature! Also sometimes you could pay to have the kids go to dinner with the teachers at the buffet, my kids loved it they all ate together and my kids met friends that they loved having as dinner dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely not. One night of the cruise NCL will offer a very limited number of kids....like 20, the opportunity to eat dinner together and then go to kids club. That's it for help with dining. If this is important to you, you will want to pick another cruise line because the others offer better dinner/kid services.

Carnival will take kids every night if you want. They have a meeting time/spot in the buffet and kids just get dropped off without advanced notice. I can't remember what Royal does or Priness. Maybe others will have better insight.

Have the variety of kid that would sit thru dinner, even NCL main dining room dinners that can last 2 plus hours! And back in the day, every NCL dinner was 2 plus hours. But we have family and friends who's kids cannot sit like that and will be very, very, very disruptive to everyone else around them. They're kids need either a 6 minute meal or they need to be dropped off with the kids club to eat at the buffet with the other wild natives. Its not an issue of parenting, it's an issue of how will everyone be happy on this cruise!

When our Dd was younger, we would schedule dinner at 6, tell the waiter that she wasn’t having an appetizer and what she wanted for dessert and they would bring her dinner with our apps and her dessert as soon as she was ready. Then one of us would drop her at kids club at 7 when they opened and come back to dinner if we weren’t finished yet. After a certain age they can check themselves in and out (I think dolphins group which is 10-12.) Now that she has aged up to entourage (teens) there is one night they have a dinner out together, you sign up a couple of days in advance.

It would not work on NCL, because dining is Freestyle, and there are no set times. With NCL you can however leave children in the kids center and they go to the buffet to eat as a group.

Guest phd1003
It would not work on NCL, because dining is Freestyle, and there are no set times. With NCL you can however leave children in the kids center and they go to the buffet to eat as a group.
Unless it changed there is a fee for this service and only on Port days...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

But we have family and friends who's kids cannot sit like that and will be very, very, very disruptive to everyone else around them. They're kids need either a 6 minute meal or they need to be dropped off with the kids club to eat at the buffet with the other wild natives. Its not an issue of parenting, it's an issue of how will everyone be happy on this cruise!

It is an issue of parenting because the parents need to pick a cruiseline where the service they need is offered. If the kids cannot sit and behave during dinner the parents must solve that. If some cruiselines offer a service where someone else take care of the children during dinner the parents shall pick one of those lines, that's parenting.

(I know that your suggestion for the op was to pick another line if they need that service, so we agree. I just wanted to say that I think that it is parenting to pick the right line.)

Thanks everyone!

My children will sit through the dinner with me, that’s not a problem. We always just order for them right away. And we go around 6/6:30 so that we aren’t at a peak times. On one cruise my daughter went with the kids club for the extra fee and at the buffet with the other kids, she loved that. And on another is when you would eat in the main with family and the crew picked up at the front to go back to the kids club to play.

We have done a few lines so I always forget who does what. We didn’t pick this sailing our family going with us did so we will just go along with the flow.

Lol I don’t let my kids roam on the ship-I saw that post! 🤦*♀️ I have strong feelings about a no roaming policy.

We are going on bliss and I saw someone posted the kids club dailies, on port days you can drop off at 7am then they eat breakfast with the club for a fee, we might do that bc my kids are up at the CRACK of dawn on the ships! At 5am we are up and exploring the ship meeting all the crew who are cleaning the common areas and checking out the art gallery etc to a sleeping ship, it’s a long day but also very neat to do.

Thanks everyone!

And we go around 6/6:30 so that we aren’t at a peak times.

We are going on bliss ...

On the Bliss 6-8 is peak time. You might want to make reservations, especially if have a bigger group otherwise you may find yourself waiting just to get a table.

That service (called Family Time Dining) is on Royal Caribbean. You choose FTD when you book. Dinner is at 6. The kids choose their items from the kids' menu, and they are done by 6:45. Camp counselors pick them up at the dining room foyer.

It is an issue of parenting because the parents need to pick a cruiseline where the service they need is offered. If the kids cannot sit and behave during dinner the parents must solve that. If some cruiselines offer a service where someone else take care of the children during dinner the parents shall pick one of those lines, that's parenting.

(I know that your suggestion for the op was to pick another line if they need that service, so we agree. I just wanted to say that I think that it is parenting to pick the right line.)

Agree or bring a nanny/ or Grandma with you.